VP - Energy
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | Singapore | Singapore Office | 2019-07-11 | 057098
Energy - Oil & Gas / Offshore Energy Services
Purpose of role
The Energy Sector team provides financial solutions to the leading players in the energy sector from its regional hubs in Amsterdam, New York, London, Brussels, Sydney and Singapore. The Energy Asia Pacific team covers the sub-sectors Oil & Gas, Offshore Energy Services and Power, Utilities & Renewables. The Singapore team is looking to add one person at the Vice President level.
The Sector model is newly established at ING but is designed to build upon our existing strengths and improve our overall offering to our clients. ING has a strong brand in structured finance / project finance and is changing its approach to leverage the deep sector knowledge of its structured finance bankers into a multi-product offering. The key focus is to increase and deepen the strategic dialogue with the most important clients and originate high value mandates across the Bank’s product offering (including project finance, debt capital markets, financial markets and M&A).
To ensure optimal resource management and knowledge sharing, the Asia Pacific Energy Sector team doesn’t have formal silos for its different sub-sectors and all team members contribute as required to maximize the overall revenues in the most efficient manner. However, a certain degree of sub sector specialization is required for the senior team members (i.e. Vice President and above) to ensure thorough sub sector knowledge and client focus.
As such the candidate would be expected to be involved in the Oil & Gas and Offshore Energy Services sectors, with a particular focus on deal and documentation execution and to support origination/marketing efforts. The candidate will also be expected to support the power, utilities & renewables sub-sectors, particularly in realizing synergies in origination and in execution.
General responsibilities include:
· Structuring and execution of financing opportunities
· Development of other product opportunities (cross buy)
· Preparation of commercial and credit application packages and client reviews; including financial modelling, financial analysis, market updates. Present proposals in commercial and credit committees to senior business and risk management.
· Negotiation and review transaction documentation and execute financing deals.
· Assist in the syndication distribution process and maintain contact with other banks active in the market
· Maintain and develop senior level relationships with the key Asia Pacific based players in the Oil & Gas / Offshore Energy Services space
· Prepare high quality presentations and pitches to clients.
· Assist in managing and overseeing the lending portfolio.
· Develop and manage strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Global and Regional management, Risk Management, Financial Markets, Syndicated Finance, Capital Structuring & Advisory, Corporate Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Working Capital Solutions)
· Coach and develop the team’s Associates.
Bruce Macfarlane (Head of Energy Asia Pacific)
Specific knowledge & skills
· Ideally a solid understanding of the Energy / Oil & Gas / Offshore Energy Services sector/sub-sectors.
· Experience in executing project/asset finance deals, including negotiating transaction documents.
· Strong financial, analytical (including Microsoft Excel modelling) and credit skills, with an eye for detail.
· Integrity, motivation, drive, commitment and a “can do” attitude.
· Strong self-starter able to work independently and to multi-task.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ideally a multi-product background but at least a willingness to develop multi product knowledge to support the Bank’s sector strategy
· Ability to operate sensitively in a multicultural environment (internally and externally).
· Team player who has the ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
· Ability to work independently, on complex transactions and under challenging deadlines.
· Flexible with working hours and willing to travel for business (primarily within Asia).