Audit Manager with Credit Risk Experience
Employee | Audit | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2020-02-24 | REQ-10024287
Audit Manager Credit Risk
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) conducts and coordinates operational audits within the area of Credit Risk Management. The Audit Manager Credit Risk, together with a team of auditors and credit risk specialists, plays an important role in providing assurance within this area with a worldwide coverage.
As an Audit Manager Credit Risk you will be located in Amsterdam within the Credit Risk audit team. This team is part of the CAS Audit Division Risk & Finance. CAS is a highly professional organisation with approximately 20 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 410 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training is highly supported and innovation like for instance increased use of data analytics in audits is stimulated.
What you’ll do
- you are involved in multiple audits at the same time and are supervising the work performed by the team members and other CAS colleagues;
- next to the audit work you perform yourself. Professional as you are, you are also responsible for audit planning and audit tracking, i.e. audit project management. This includes maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, and joining key meetings and in order to ensure a smooth audit process and guiding the discussions;
- if required you also act as Audit Lead. While being responsible for the first signature on audit reports, an audit or risk management qualification is required;
- next to leading and providing support to operational audits, you will also play an important role in analyzing and communicating trends and developments in the area of Credit Risk Management. This will enable you to come with suggestions for the adaption of these trends and developments in the audit strategy and audit planning;
- in line with this you will play a pivotal role in providing assurance at global level within the area of Credit Risk Management.
How to succeed
- have an academic degree and are preferably in the possession of a certification in Risk Management or in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation;
- have (international) experience in complex organisations and a bird’s eye view and knowledge of ING’s business and market risks, and associated controls;
- have (preferably) up or beyond 10 years relevant work experience in credit risk management and/or audit and internal control within a major bank or financial institution;
- are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated);
- are organizationally sensitive and effective in conflict management;
- have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organization (a track record in project management is advantageous);
- have built bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures;
- are willing to travel 6-10 weeks per year;
- awareness of credit risk processes and infrastructure and an understanding of credit risk regulations as well as credit risk measurement, including regulatory/economic capital calculations and loan loss provisioning is important;
- preferably you have a qualification and experience in auditing in financial institutions;
- Strong verbal, writing , analytical and interpersonal skills helps you to ask the right questions and get the right information; also when you have to overcome resistance first;
- You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams;
- You like working with people and coaching of individuals as well as sharing knowledge on the job or by means of training's;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What we offer
- A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. For further inquiries, please contact Dominika.Floryanska@ing.com. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.