Chapter Lead Business Analysts - Unite Data Management
Employee | Information Technology | Romania | 2020-08-10 | 059847
Discover ING TECH
The focus of ING Tech Romania () has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We at ING are pioneers. Our end goal is to unite ING and to achieve a single and best-in-class experience for all customers worldwide. We decided to build a leading European banking platform first, starting with two of our lead markets: Belgium and the Netherlands. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
ING is rapidly transforming from a traditional bank into a next-generation digital bank, where everything revolves around data and smart data intelligence. The gathering, usage and governance of data are of the highest importance for a data-driven culture – a cornerstone in our transformation. We are building a well-governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured, and issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations: an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. It is not only about data: we deliver trust, respect, commitment and reliability. People empowering people with qualitative data products.
We seek an enthusiastic Chapter Lead with a passion for data and people.
You will work in the multidisciplinary cross-border team ('squad') with other Customer Journey Experts and DevOps Engineers; Risk experts, Data Governance officers and Data Quality specialists in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome.
You will manage and develop a team of Analysts (also called Customer Journey Experts) working on the Unite Data Lake. You will act as a Coach on the technical side, but also as a People Manager (including performance management).
You will keep your hands-on activity within a squad, and you will translate de business requirements in collaboration with the stakeholders (data stewards, data suppliers or data consumers):
• The data to be sourced and structured into the Data Lake;
• The data to be supplied from the Data Lake;
• The requirements on data quality, data privacy, data security, and other relevant aspects of the data.
It goes without saying that this position entails a great deal of collaboration and stakeholder management – not only within the Romanian, the Belgian and Dutch organization, but also with people within the ING Group as a whole. You will play a central role to bring all pieces around Data Management and People together and create an outstanding result for ING customers
- Provide continuous coaching and mentoring by clarifying job responsibilities, setting performance expectations through the establishment of goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans and evaluating performance;
- People management of highly talented analysts located in Bucharest;
- Participate in the recruitment of new talents;
- Contribute to strategy and lifecycle management of Unite Data Lake implementation;
- Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, their needs and business context;
- Initiate improvements in the area of data management, define standards and guidelines and support the implementation of data management and data governance processes;
- Assess the efficiency of end-to-end operational processes by identifying and mitigating risks;
- Collaborate closely with an international team made of Chapter Leads, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Analysts, Architects, ETL DevOps engineers and Infrastructure Specialists;
- Support tribes and squads in jointly developing delivery strategy and goals for compliancy, transforming regulatory needs into actionable plan;
- Act as a senior analyst by delivering high quality results in your squad and providing guidance in your chapter;
- Seek for opportunities to accelerate, standardize or automate to enable compliancy by design;
- Reporting on the performance of quarterly regulatory objectives and key results in the Obeya room.
- An energetic and driven pioneer with a passion for and a strong understanding of the challenges that come with data;
- A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment;
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals;
- Experienced as People Manager of a team composed of business and technical analysts;
- You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems;
- A flexible and inspirational professional who feels at ease in a cross-border culture;
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams;
- You are willing to travel regularly;
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge and expertise of project management and reporting ;
- Experience with the banking industry, knowledge on data related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 …).
- Knowledge and expertise of Finance, Credit Risk, Regulatory processes and Operational Risk;
- Understanding of business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders on various levels.
A full-time job and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Flexible working schedule, which usually includes two days of WFH, but we can adapt to any situation, we work fully remote for the moment;
Would you like to work for an organization where respect, trust, honesty and responsibility are valued? Is sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead all part of your DNA? Do you want to make a real difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working (click on the link to see the video https://youtu.be/uXg6hG6FrG0 )? Then read on, because ING might well be just the employer you’re looking for.