Customer Journey Expert Accounting & Financial Reporting
Empployé / CDI | Finance / Comptabilité / Gestion | Expérimentés | Belgique | Bruxelles | 2020-09-13 | 059926
Customer Journey Expert Accounting and Financial Reporting
[Full time, ING Brussels]
Your role & work environment
Your role is twofold : (1) You will be member of the squad responsible for the implementation of changes in the accounting and the financial reporting tools of ING BE. (2) By leveraging on your knowledge of the Finance processes and applications you will manage the incident management process and steer towards a timely monthly financial closing and delivery of all financial reports.
The Tribe Finance and Risk Support Chain’s #1 objective is to keep ING Belgium licensed to operate, through the maintenance and upgrade of its Finance and Risk reporting systems, keeping these Safe & Compliant and improving them along the way.
Your key responsibilities
- As Customer Journey Expert you will translate business needs coming from the regulators or from internal business stakeholders into clear functional requirements for the Tech members of the squads. For this you analyse end-2-end all involved accounting and financial reporting applications (over different technology platforms) and all data flows between the different systems to ensure a complete implementation of the changes.
You contribute actively to the implementation of these changes, the testing and the support of the end users.
- As an Incident Manager who is familiar with the accounting and reporting applications and processes, you manage the incident- and problem management activities. During the monthly closing period you moderate the daily Finance/IT closing meeting. You ensure a swift resolution of the incidents. You contribute to the KPI-follow up meeting and you deliver a retrospective.
In this role you have close contact with the different Finance business teams and you are the linking pin with the squads managing the applications.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Customer Journey Expert Accounting and Financial Reporting and an Incident & Problem manager, you are :
- Holding a master degree, with 3 to 5 years’ working experience in a finance activity or experience in a business analyst role
- Having business knowledge about accounting and financial reporting (regulatory reporting, analytical reporting) is a plus. Having a genuine interest in these domains is a must
- Eager to understand complex application landscapes and process flows
- Analytical mindset, solution oriented and Out of the Box thinker
- Can Do-mentality and Make it Happen-spirit when issues arise, also outside normal business hours
- Communicative, able to connect with different type of stakeholders at different levels (business teams, managers, Tech people) and at ease when moderating meetings with different teams
- Solid visualization skills
- Self-starter able to find information in an autonomous way
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the tribe Finance and Risk Support Chain, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- You will get the opportunity to learn a lot about the Finance activities, its applications and its processes
- As the Finance activities are involved in many changes ongoing in the bank, you will get a broader view on the bank’s activities
- You can evolve to a specialised customer journey expert role, or a product owner role
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!