Internship | Accounting / Finance | Student | France | 2020-11-20 | REQ-10031524
Finance Trainee H/F
ING is launching a multi-country digital bancassurance proposition. To make this global and scalable we are building a central multi-partners delivery platform to connect ING Business Units to bancassurance propositions covering Life, Motor, Travel, Assistance, Home and Health. Our strategy is to offer an ecosystem delivering services as well as products to meet the evolving needs of our customers in partnership with an insurance company. At ING we believe in creating simple, personalised and transparent solutions that empower our customers to stay one step ahead in life and business. For protection this means stepping away from traditional insurance to predictive, personalised protection and services that match the life stage needs of our customers.
We aim to crack the market – insurance has a low trust level and only <0.1 % of customers across Europe are served via digital bancassurance.
About the job
You will play a key role in the Insurance Program execution supporting the management in 4 areas:
- Performance tracking across products, countries, income and costs
- Contribute to the development of monthly reporting.
- Support Finance team in the update of the business case across the BUs
- Cooperate with Group Finance team in tracking of provisions, costs and benefits in line with the joint-venture and group requirements.
You will work with multiple stakeholders and track/follow-up the performance and support Finance team in the elaboration of a comprehensive performance measure framework. You will track KPIs and ensure required reporting is met by collecting/ reviewing/ challenging the inputs. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
- Prepare Monthly Dashboard on income performance and cost vs Budget
- Deliver monthly closing for the central team in line with project spend and budgets
- Assist in monitoring of the Key performance indicators
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with Finance on delivery challenges/ impediments/ risks of delays and gaps
- Support impact assessment and building scenarios linked to delays and gaps on business plan and roadmap
- Cooperate with the central team and countries to deliver business case updates for presentation to ING Head office
- Contribute to presentations for regular alignments and ad-hoc analysis as a guided by Finance Team for executive meetings
- Ongoing studies in an Engineering school
- Strong analytical skills. Advanced capabilities in excel and macros is a must
- Fluent in English - written and verbal
- Great communication skills and sense of accountability
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively deal with changing expectations or challenges
- Teamspirit and positive mindset