Head of Procurement
Impiegato | Facilities / Procurement | Italia | Lombardia | 2020-09-21 | 060001
The Head of Procurement is responsible for leading localsourcing strategies aligned with the strategy and business objectives of theBank and with ING policy and standards. He/she actively seeks to addvalue in vendor negotiations in relation to cost, risks and quality. He/sheactively manages the procurement team and acts as the Procurement point ofcontact for Senior Management being a trusted business partner.
As a member of the Global Procurement Management Team,contributes to the various duties implied by the role and takes the lead on afair share of them
He/shehierarchically reports to Local Chief Financial Officer and functionally toGlobal Procurement Officer.
The employee can work independently and as a team leaderon complex procurement projects and contracts.
He/she has a good understanding of the administration,reporting and control requirements of procurement activities in the Financialsector and actively seeks to improve processes.
- Define the most effective procurement strategy based onbusiness objectives, targets of spend optimization and contract renewals.Maximize procurement benefits in relation to cost and quality by challengingbusiness needs, bringing market knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Identify the main stakeholders of Procurement and build upa relationship with these (Senior) stakeholders as a trusted procurementpartner.
- Contribute to bring Procurement to the next level ofexpertise and practices, in the aim to lead tactical procurement activities(specification (support), vendor selection, contracting, vendor management andcontract management) in line with ING policy and standards.
- Contribute to negotiate and roll out at local level ofInternational deals.
-Oversee the Request to Pay process with the support of a local team ensuringprocess compliance and efficiency
-Regularly provide reports to management (Local and Global) about ongoinginitiatives and results (i.e. cost reductions, improvement on conditions andother benefits).
RiskManagement and Compliance
-Maintain and manage Local policies, procedures and controls ensuring compliancewith Global policies and procedures
- Ensuretimely reporting and closure of any Risk issues related to Procurement domain.
- Managebusiness and operational risks inherent in the business, act as a gatekeeperfor topics related to the economic, regulatory and technological changes of theFinance industry, such as Outsourcing, Data Protection, etc.
-Constantly engage with Second Line functions (Legal, Risk and Compliance) tocontinually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and thebusiness.
- Manage Procurement staff in order to be able to support the procurement activities,ensuring a high level of leadership, service to business stakeholders andsavings delivery
- Lead thelocal roll out of initiative of transformation in line with Local and Globaloperating model
- Key driverfor the implementation of Continuous Improvement plans in the department.
- A strongacademic profile with significant domain related experience (> 12 years)
Technicaland professional skills
- Isrecognized as a Procurement expert with extremely strong experience in a seniorpurchasing role with detailed management experience. The individual must haveproven experience in complex procurement processes.
- Isexperienced in the development and implementation of Procurement strategies toensure early Procurement involvement that accurately supports current andfuture business objectives
- Isexperienced in being the Procurement point of contact for and buildingeffective relationships with senior management on C-level in the business
- Is experiencedin working in an international and multicultural environment and in a financialenvironment highly regulated
- Showsevidence of successful staff management, coaching and development
- SpeaksItalian and English fluently
- Build,influence and maintain excellent relationships and networks with suppliers and(senior) stakeholders in the organization on multiple levels (“trusted businesspartner”)
- Ability todeal with very different personalities at various seniority levels and variouscultures and professional families
- Proactive,target focused and driven to realize added value and achieve results
- “Hands on”mentality and approach, focused on realizing solutions
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and yearly variable compensation, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including fully flexible smart working, private health care, pension scheme and access to favorable banking products.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop yourself as an individual by working in the most innovative digital bank in Italy. Our international organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.