Java Lead SME team @ ING Tech
Employee | Information Technology | Romania | 2020-11-25 | 060362
Discover ING Tech
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 1000 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
What is SME ?
SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) is an ING Group Initiative which is targeting the digital transformation of our Business Banking at group level. The aim is to provide a foundation for global development of solutions and features for Business Banking clients. This will enable us to unlock synergies between countries in the digital transformation and avoid duplication going forward.
What you bring to the team:
You will have a deep passion for people and IT, as well as the following key skills and experience:
- University background in Computer Science and/or Informatics;
- You have 7 years+ experience in development;
- Proven experience in developing applications using Java SE, Java EE, JPA, Spring, Spring Boot;
- Experience with coaching and motivating team members;
- Familiar with continuous delivery, continuous integration, code quality (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, TFS, Checkmarx);
- Experienced in working in a complex environment, Agile methods and Software development frameworks;
- Familiar with the DevOps concept. Experience with DevOps teams is a plus;
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven;
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts;
- Energized to proof that agile can also be applied to a complex and regulated environment. Good communication skills;
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Occasional travel abroad for knowledge build-up and getting to know your colleagues is required (whenever it's going to be safe to do so - we're just telling you this so you can keep it in mind);
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Azure DevOps is a plus.
Nice to have:
- Experience with distributed teams is a plus;
- Having experience in financial application development is an asset.
This will be a challenging work environment with extensive, innovative developments. We are learning every day.
- First of all, you are a passionate, hands-on Java developer;
- You are the formal Technical Lead spending 60% of your time on content tasks related to the domain;
- In the beginning you will do the coding, testing and setting up of the (CD/CI) workflows; working together with some customer journey experts, UXers, architects and a product owner;
- You help your team develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback;
- Together with your IT Area Lead you set targets for each team member;
- You are in charge of the „how”, - how to build an efficient, high quality solution based on the requested functionality;
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent (guideline HR activities: 40%, Engineering activities 60%);
- You are responsible for HR related activities: 1 to 1 meetings with your team members, performance management, etc.