Mortgage Business Development Expert
Normal | Lending | Empleado | España | 2020-07-10 | 059672
This is Us.
A team of more than one thousand people sharing an idea: doing our bit in helping our clients create a better future for themselves, providing them with the tools they need to get where they want to go.
In today’s world, we know this happens because we are a fully online bank. We were born out of that idea and 20 years on, technology, simplicity and transparency continue to be the ingredients of the recipe that leaves the best taste in our mouths: being more than just a bank, someone useful in the lives of the millions of clients who have chosen us.
The way we do things also mirrors our eagerness to innovate. We are proud to be one of the very first banks to work with agile methodologies. It doesn’t ring a bell yet? No worries, we will be delighted to tell you all about it. You will find it’s one of those things you’ll want to repeat over and over.
And although we are based in Spain, we like to cross borders. We are lucky to work with international teams every day across 44 countries, composed of women and men as equal as they are diverse. Because here you are completely free to be who you want to be, love whomever you choose, and even go for pineapple as your pizza topping.
Making things happen, helping others be successful, always being one step ahead—that’s our DNA. If you look at yourself in the mirror and your reflection matches our way of being and working…we are looking forward to meeting you!
What are we looking for?
For us, a Mortgage Business Development Expert is someone who:
- Contributes to the ING One Agile Way of Working and safeguard the Orange Code
- Is able to assume personal responsibility and address customer needs. Focus is not on individual customers, but on the customer as a target group. You know what is going on with the customer, put yourself in customers' shoes, assess the wishes and needs of customers and anticipate on this.
- Problem analysis and judgement: Recognize key information, problem identification, research, various methods of analysis, establishment of connections and anticipation are key to your job. Strong analytical skills and a healthy level of curiosity are therefore vital.
- Stay on top of trends and developments within their field and the market. Aside from that, it is of crucial importance to have knowledge of the customer's business and banking processes. Integrate acquired knowledge into performance of tasks.
- Desirable thinking in strategic terms. Based on professional expertise, a link is established between current events and business strategy and a long-term vision.
- Initiative needed in, for example, improving products, processes and channel policies. Ensuring that creative ideas are also implemented.
- You give and ask for constructive feedback.
Your key responsibilities would be:
- You are a pat of a team responsible of the mortgage service, looking daily to the pipeline, and main call center indicators to improve the quality of service
- You are representing the voice of the customer, have a strong vision on how to attract consumers and focus continuously on improving the journeys we are offering.
- You share the responsibility to provide a differentiating experience for ING’s customers at optimal value and profitability for ING.
- You understand the Daily mortgage squad strategy, and think on different ways to implement improvements
- You deeply understand the channels, and monitor closely the applicants, their procedure, the advisors KPIs, and identify bottle necks along the process.
- You work closely with other stakeholders involved in the mortgage process (assisted channels, digital, underwriting and operations among others)
- Offer solutions by seamless integration into the value chain of our clients and by connecting it with other internal and external capabilities
- You apply your experience in supporting to build and manage the products with an end-to-end mindset, including the design and implementation and business operations and services
- Understands client needs, digitization and API’s, bridging IT and business
- Have analytical skills and takes decisions based on data and facts. You are a pro-active thinker
- You are able to lead complex programs, setting clear roadmaps and solving impediments.
- Work with Risk, Compliance, and Legal stakeholders, to make sure our products and services comply with regulation and policies
- Are creative and an out-of-the box thinker who likes to work in a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment
- Master or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Call center management experience
- Mortgage process knowledge will be well considered
- Analytical mindset, and ability to elaborate new reports to improve the service
- Driven and customer focused, loving to collaborate with different people.
- Proven program management, planning & organizational skills.
- Experience in Lending products is a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
- Negotiation and stakeholder management.
- Clear communications skills (written and oral).
- Passionate about innovation and new market trends.
- Able to work in an autonomous way and to take initiative.
- Making things happen thanks to your ‘can do’ attitude.
- Problem solving mindset, with ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvement initiatives
- Team player.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to work on an international level.
- Versatility, experience in several business domains is a plus.
whose day at ING looks very much like this:
7.00 - 10.00 h / Arrives at the office (Flexible start time)
At 10.00 h / Daily planning
At 11.00 h Review results with data analyst
At 12.00 h Meeting with Marketing to define and analyze latest cross sell campaign
At 13.00 h takes a break and goes down to the canteen.
At 14.00 h Sparring with the squad members how to approach a new specific Segment
16.00 - 19.00 h (Flexible end time). Goes to the paddle tennis court for a game.
Win or lose, a shower and off to home.
What do we offer?
What goes on at ING matters much to us.
But we know that the most important things are outside the office.
So that thinking about what to have for lunch doesn’t take up your time or your cravings.
Life and health insurance.
For you and all your family (spouse/partner and children).
Free company shuttle.
Special loan or mortgage terms after 6 months working at the bank.
And benefit from our pension plan after 2 years with us.
More health, more sports.
Runners club with your own trainer