Product Owner, Customer Journey Expert KYC Tribe BE
Medewerker | Project- / Programma- /Procesmanagement | Management / Expert | Brussel | 2020-11-25 | 059660
CJE Product Owner KYC Monitoring & Screening
Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
For our KYC Services Belgium monitoring & screening pillar we are looking for a Screening Lead.
Compliance with (international) client transparency regulations, such as Financial Economic Crime (FEC/AML) is essential for ING to continue offering products to its clients. One of the enablers of ING’s Think Forward strategy is Operational Excellence. Streamlining our expertise, processes and tools will have a massive impact on the quality of client services that we’re able to offer and will greatly improve our customer experience as well as the time-to-market of new solutions. The CJE Product Owner Monitoring & Screening will play a vital role to ensure compliance with these regulations in an effective and efficient way by, among others, concentrating the required knowledge and experience and using one integrated control model, planning and robust tooling.
The CJE Product Owner Monitoring & Screening will form part of the KYC Services BE Monitoring & Screening Pillar organisation. The main responsibility of this first line team is to provide the ING business and functions with guidance and standardized methodologies and controls. The team identifies FEC related risks, emerging trends, typologies and threats and maintains ING’s policy guidance, risk assessment methodology, customer control framework and requirements for Operations & IT. Furthermore the team is responsible for analysing the operational impact of emerging negative news and screening lists (sanctions, PEP lists and keywords) and the design and testing of mitigating measures.
Your main tasks:
The CJE Product Owner Monitoring & Screening manages the backlog of the squad that is E2E responsible for delivering and maintaining the target Adverse Media & Name Screening practice and ensuring an E2E integrated Screening TOM. As PO he/she is responsible for setting the standards for the expertise area and for developing, innovating and safeguarding knowledge in the field of expertise.
Key elements of the role include:
- Take E2E process ownership for the Adverse Media Screening process.
- Support the Monitoring & Screening Product Area Lead in the creation and delivery of a vision and strategy for the ING BE Monitoring & Screening organisation.
- Take ownership for translating ING’s KYC policy and risk appetite into operational processes, system design and configuration, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by design.
- Responsible for defining and delivering the target structural solution for Adverse Media & Name Screening.
- Develop continuous improvement plans on effectiveness and efficiency of the Adverse Media & Name Screening practice.
- Ensure filter configurations and upgrades are managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise key stakeholders and projects/programmes from a Subject Matter Expert perspective.
- Manage audits and regulatory inspections relating to Adverse Media & Name Screening.
- Ensure timely completion of risk assessments and controls testing for Adverse Media & Name Screening.
- Maintain oversight of 1st Line Alert handling operations, including Quality Assurance.
- Drive operational governance including SLAs, KPIs and KRIs and ensure that operational quality meets the required standards.
- Maintain robust communication channels with key stakeholders and escalate significant risks, issues and dependencies in a timely manner.
Knowledge and experience:
- Academic degree and preferably a recognised accreditation or certification in AML, FEC, ESR or related expertise areas.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the global financial services industry with demonstrable success in delivering large scale change programs and screening solution implementations, preferably with large global financial institutions.
- Deep knowledge of screening and relevant track record of working in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Clear understanding of key regulations such as AML, ABC, FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS, etc. and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC and Screening, including the interaction with the 2nd line.
- Proven track record in AML/CFT domain including having held previous managerial positions steering large scale operations programs in particular.
- Thorough understanding of the entire life cycle of a customer within a financial institution.
- Thorough understanding of tooling in screening. Prior experience working with Fircosoft or RDC screening infrastructure is preferred.
- Profound knowledge of the screening domain, its key stakeholders and regulations.
- Experience with balancing customer, 1st and 2nd line interests.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organisation.
- Build bridges by nature and be able to span between different levels, different people and different cultures.
- Proactive, can-do, no-surprises and positive mind-set. Overall have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate.
- Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple, and potentially conflicting, interests.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
What we offer:
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the KYC Services department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Join ING in its role as a cornerstone in society to prevent and fight financial crime
- Working with new technologies required to stay ahead