Product Owner H/F
Employee | Project / Programme management | Professional | France | 2020-10-19 | REQ-10030842
Product Owner H/F
Here at ING we are on our way to achieving ambitious plans and it's our people who will help us get there; who take it on, make it happen and are always a step ahead.
In line with this vision, we are looking for champions to deliver our strategy and redefine ING’s protection business making us the "go-to place for financial needs”.
We believe in creating simple, personalised and transparent solutions that enable our customers to stay one step ahead in life and business. For protection this means stepping away from traditional insurance to predictive, personalised protection and services that match the life stage needs of our customers.
As a Joint Venture, Dare will deliver digital Bancassurance to ING customers. Working agile, both businesses will bring key assets to build simple, personalized and transparent protection solutions that enable our customers to stay one step ahead in life and business. For ING this means stepping away from traditional insurance to predictive, personalized protection and services that match the life stage needs of our customers.
To digitally deliver on this mission Dare will shape the market, building a scalable international platform that unifies multiple markets, creating one ecosystem of protection propositions and experiences across Non-life and Health, initially in 6 ING countries (DE, IT, AU, AT, FR, CZ).
We aim to crack the market - insurance has traditionally a low trust level and only <0.1% of customers across Europe are served via digital bancassurance. So, are you a dynamic talent ready to deliver a greenfield business model with No.1 NPS service? If so, join our inspiring international agile team to create the future.
Your role in the team:
Within the ING/AXA partnership, integrated to one of the squad, the « Product Owner » is responsible for the daily backlog management and reports to the Global Proposition Manager of the ecosystem.
Your main responsibilities:
Own and prioritize the features and engineering roadmap delivery for the scrum team by ;
- Defining features into detailed user Stories: Design , prioritize, accurately estimate and then deliver user story development on time.
- Updating the Product Backlog Daily: with business, data, technical needs on a daily basis
- Performing Analysis: on backlog or other tooling analysis to enable optimal decision making
- Defining Performance indicatiors: to assess the product value and progress like the Burn-Up indicator (amongst others)
- Be the central point of contact regarding the Product Backlong: Work closely with engineering and other internal teams for on-time delivery of relevant features. Answer daily questions from the Squads and communicate progress or escalate risks/ dependencies to intern teams.
- Leading the Agile Way of Working ceremonies related to Sprint Planning and attending other Agile ceremonies
We are looking for:
An experienced Product Owner with entrepreneurial interest and a high affinity for retail banking and insurance business.
Proven track record and technical skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A Masters degree in retail business, IT or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in bancassurance, retail banking, fintech/start-up and/or direct insurance (with proven programme management experience), business development, and/or consulting experience in a digital retail/insurance
- Have had significant international experience and can demonstrate smooth management of international projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment (certified Product Owner)
- Excited by entrepreneurship: driving the change and exploring undefined/unstructured fields
- Highly customer orientated with proven experience in executing large impactful projects
- Solutions driven and results orientated: deep analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a growth mindset: that is you can openly give and receive feedback, experiment and learn from mistakes quickly
- You seek diversity by working within international team members and express high awareness of cultural differences and flexibility in the ways of working together.
Your work environment
You will be working in the central team of the joint venture. You will work in close connection with an international network of experts from both ING as well as the insurance partner.
What we offer?
A huge challenge and great fun. The work location is Paris (8ème arrondissement), with regular travel across all BU’s.