Senior Compliance Expert
Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2020-09-08 | REQ-10029504
Senior Compliance Officer
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Officer Market and Organisational Conduct. As a Senior Compliance Officer your purpose is to help protect ING against market abuse, anti-competition and other related market organizational risks.
This is a challenging opportunity for an experienced project manager, supervisor or compliance/legal professional with a talent for stakeholder management and at least a strong affinity with market conduct risks such as market abuse and anti-competitive conduct. A new role in which you will help shape a modern global compliance function. Your motto's: “take it on” and to “make it happen”.
The position is based within the ING Corporate Compliance department in Amsterdam.
Would you like to work in an area:
- That is undergoing a significant and positive transformation?
- Where you can make a real impact?
- That is top priority for the whole of ING including the Management Board?
- Where you can help in keeping the bank safe and sound?
- Where you can take as much responsibility and ownership as you desire?
Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
What you’ll do
As Senior Compliance Officer Market & Organisational Conduct
- You are/become an absolute expert in one or more risk areas: you are on top of changes in regulatory requirements globally and you follow common practices across the industry.
- You are responsible for defining the standards in your risk area: in close collaboration with all relevan stakeholders, you develop policies, guidelines and procedures that dictate best practices globally.
- You provide recommendations and advise to business and compliance colleagues throughout ING.
- You define and execute the best ways to generate oversight on policy implementation and operating effectiveness based on data from various systems and interactions with business line departments.
- You set up concrete project plans that guide cross-learning and continued improvements across different business units and regions.
- You engage relevant (internal/external) stakeholders in all of your activities.
- You lead or participate in a variety of change projects within the non financial risk functions. t
Your work environment
- The Market and Organisational Conduct Team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd Line of Defence).
- A challenging environment that is currently going through a transformation.
- An informal working environment with dynamic and experienced colleagues who strive for the very best.
- High ambitions where proactivity and initiative are being embraced.
- You are an experience professional with a compliance, legal, supervision and/or project management background;
- You are an outstanding communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple ways both orally and on paper;
- You have led several projects related to regulatory change;
- You are flexible: you can work in more than one regulatory area and enjoy a variety of activities ranging from writing, stakeholder interactions, development of processes or data analysis for example.
- You embrace innovation: in systems, ways of working and ways of thinking;
- You are an energetic, motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box and take accountability;
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted;
- You are a natural talent at maintaining contacts with stakeholders and external parties;
- You enjoy cross-border interactions and alignment;
- You give and ask constructive feedback;
- You think ahead of the game and are able to define a clear vision;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values.
How to succeed
- > 8 years of experience working on non-financial risks either as an expert or as a project manager;
- Knowledge of at least one of the following risk areas: insider trading, market manipulation, anti-competitive conduct, conflicts of interest and/or other related market/organizational conduct risks;
- You have experience in developing policy documents based on legislation and stakeholder interactions;
- Self-starting capabilities;
- Strong analytical skills: you set the big picture, structure and understand details, you think one step ahead;
- You enjoy learning, sharing and you have innovative mindset;
- You are team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is able to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment;
- You are flexible: you adjust approaches and seeks different paths in a targeted manner.
- Your written & spoken English is excellent;
- You have a university degree in at least one of the following areas: business administration, economy, behavioral risk or (business) law;
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life.
- With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.
Are you interested?
Please click on Apply, upload your CV & Motivation letter and join the Compliance team at ING. The application process consists of at least 2 interviews, in which we request both knowledge & skills and behavior & competences. Because this is a sensitive position, an extensive safety investigation will also be conducted.
Please fill-in your motivation letter (please fit into 1 page), and provide it combined with your up-to-date resumé through the vacancy.
Motivation: What attracts you to this position?
Explain your motivation in terms of:
- plans & ideas you have
- the fit with your own ambition & plans
- why you think you are a good fit in terms of technical skills, management skills and behavioural skills/orange code