Spokesperson -Media Relations & Stakeholder Management
Marketing / Communicatie | Ervaren | België | 2020-01-30 | 058814
Spokesperson -Media Relations & Stakeholder Management
We’re looking for a stress-resistant, people-oriented spokesperson. An experienced professional, whose work plays an important role in enhancing and maintaining ING’s reputation in Belgium. An all-round spokesperson with extensive press and media experience in handling both pro and reactive projects.
As a senior spokesperson, you advise on a strategic level on the most diverse and complex communication issues. You’re triggered by the world of finance and banking and you follow the political and financial daily news in Belgium. You will already be used to generating attention internally and externally for key topics.
You also analyse results and identify social trends and issues that affect the reputation of ING as well as advising on activities to further enhance impact. You are alert to new developments in the field of communication and spokemanship and you translate this knowledge into your work and to that of your colleagues. Coaching ING colleagues for media appearances will also be one of your responsibilities.
Enquiries can be directed to Harold Reusken, Area Lead Media Relations & Stakeholder Management ING Belgium & Netherlands, via email@example.com or +31 6 5498 4413
Key activities and responsibilities
Spokesmanship and Advice
- Advises senior management and other professionals within the organisation on reputation, complex issues, crisis communications and strategic PR aspects.
- Supports and advises senior management and other professionals within the organisation with interviews and other media issues.
- Acts as spokesperson for ING and/or its business units towards Belgian journalists and other stakeholders.
- Creates and pitches newsworthy stories in the media.
- Initiates, creates and coordinates press releases and other related materials.
- Prepares presentations and Q & A documents for media and other public meetings for senior management and other key specialists within ING. Coordinates and prepares general and specific media training programmes.
Streamlining of media contacts
- Pro-actively and reactively maintains a network of contacts with media and other stakeholders.
- Organises press conferences, press briefings, and other meetings.
- Negotiates with journalists on conditions for interviews and with photo and film crews about recordings in company buildings.
- Identifies publicity opportunities and risks arising from political, social and business trends and developments and acts on them accordingly.
- Monitors and evaluates PR efforts.
- Writes internal briefings and makes press analyses, writes bulletins, statements and scenarios.
- Participates as representative of Media Relations in squads within ING to consult and coordinate with other (communication) disciplines. Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates communication plans as a member of these teams.
- Participates in external working groups and consults with other companies and organisations on collaborative actions or collective issues.
The successful candidate:
- Will have extensive experience (5+ years), both in communication and as a spokesperson.
- Is able to act as a trusted advisor, being familiar with discussing sensitive information and issues with executives, senior managers and other professionals.
- Will have worked for major businesses or media company, being at ease in a dynamic corporate culture and will have experience in working with senior management and specialists.
- Must be a good communicator internally (up and down) and is a real team player.
- Will understand media relations, both in a practical and strategic sense.
- Able to develop and maintain a network of media contacts and other relevant stakeholders.
- Has experience in working with various media in a multi-channel approach including social and online media, radio and television.
- Must possess a pro-active drive, intellectual curiosity, creativity and the ability to spot media opportunities.
- Is able to combine speed and accuracy under pressure, prioritising activities with a calm disposition.
- Has very good knowledge of spoken and written Dutch, French and English.
Media Relations & Stakeholder Management ING Belgium
The Media Relations & Stakeholder Management department of CoE Communications & Brand Experience NL and BE. The team is responsible for devising, developing and implementing ING’s media and public affairs strategy. The department consists of four press officers who act as spokespersons and liaisons to various business units, a public affairs manager focusing on managing politicians and other special interest groups and a consultant for the business with regards to the implementation of our sustainability strategy.
The purpose of the team is to achieve a positive impact on ING's reputation by ensuring that media and other external stakeholders feel connected to ING and know, understand and support its vision, strategy and actions.
ING is a global financial institution with a strong European base, offering banking services through its operating company ING Bank. The purpose of ING Bank is empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. ING Bank’s more than 51,000 employees offer retail and wholesale banking services to customers in over 40 countries.
Within ING in Belgium & the Netherlands, the Center of Expertise (CoE) Communications & Brand Experience is responsible for all internal and external communications and brand management (including advertising and sponsoring) within Belgium and the Netherlands. The CoE reports directly to the Head of Market Leaders (board member) and the head of the CoE has a functional reporting line to the Global Head of Communications and Brand Experience of ING Group. Besides the Media Relations department the CoE includes Internal & External Communications (content, channels & advice), Corporate Social Responsibility, Brand Experience, Advertising and Sponsoring.