Technical Business Analyst SME @ ING Tech
Contract de muncă | IT | Nivel mediu | România | Bucharest | 2020-11-18 | 060321
Discover ING Tech
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 1000 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
What is SME ?
SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) is an ING Group Initiative which is targeting the digital transformation of our Business Banking on a group level. The aim is to provide a foundation for global development of solutions and features for Business Banking clients. This will enable us to unlock synergies between countries in the digital transformation and avoid duplication going forward.
For the SME Project we are looking for a Customer Journey Expert to clarify the business requirements within our new squads from ING Tech RO. Our feature squads are able to fulfil internal consumer needs in a one-stop-shop-way, by understanding the customer journey, changing the API, updating the front end, and fully productizing the new product feature.
The main tasks of the Customer Journey Expert we’re looking for are:
- Translation of the business needs into new SME features;
- Giving aid regarding expectations management coming from stakeholders
- Prioritizing the squad backlog, together with the Product Owner, according to the tribe overall priorities
- Helping other squads to stay successful, by striving to create an open and attractive environment, an open culture, where teams and individuals can flourish.
Together with the PO, the CJE converts market developments and customer feedback in his/her field of expertise into concrete and usable capabilities for ING with a concrete roadmap.
Therefore the CJE is responsible for the “what” side of change, i.e. for analyzing and detailing requirements. The CJE is responsible for ensuring the squad has an exact understanding of the business needs, involved process and involved user stories. Once the delivery of functionality is complete, the CJE checks the quality of the deliverables.
Due to the fact that the new squad(s) will be located in Bucharest, the Customer Journey Expert that we are looking for will most of the time work from Bucharest and will need to travel regularly to Amsterdam (as soon as it is safe to do so). Because of the global scope of SME, traveling to other ING locations can be part of the assignment.
More specifically, the main responsibilities are:
- Understanding the business requirements, functional analysis and change tasks;
- Participate in roadmap planning and portfolio planning meetings;
- Develop requirements (written and diagrams as appropriate) throughout the product development in the form of Epics, Features and Stories. Facilitate refinement sessions to clarify and size requirements;
- Participate in daily scrums with the team to help ensure that the work in progress will meet the required goals;
- Partner with the Tribe and Product Area Lead and peers (representatives of other squads) to create and maintain a product backlog that aligns with the overall product area roadmap, with the final purpose of maximizing the return of investment (ROI);
- Help the Product Owner in defining the roadmap with the planning of product releases (logical slices that represent business value), including coordination with other interdependent teams and communication with stakeholders to set the expectation for delivery of new features. Play an active role in identifying, mitigating, and communicating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals;
- Build up and share knowledge of the domain, the users, and the roadmap for the product;
- Report, record, escalate if needed and trace all discovered errors/bugs;
- Write software development specifications and help estimate the complexity of the user stories;
- Analyze the ability to change the application environment and assess the impact of these changes on the existing environment: application, infrastructure and operations; agrees with developers and representatives of all IT teams involved, 3rd party providers, IT Risk, IT Infrastructure and IT Operations in order to ensure the system properly models their latest process;
- Provide high quality service & support to customers/co-workers while maintaining a professional standard for new and existing applications;
- Actively proposes improvements in implementation, standards and other work practices.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent through experience within banking industry;
- An excellent written and spoken command of English;
- Good overall communication skills;
- Critical thinking, analytic perspective;
- Work experience in banking, preferably the SME domain;
- Able to balance the autonomous, output driven activity with working in a team;
- Working experience according to the SCRUM methodology (Agile Process);
- Able to adapt to different context and changing working situations;
- Experience in working within an application development team;
- Integrity, communication, teamwork, ability to cope with change, planning and organizing, problem solving, and customer oriented behavior;
- Familiarity with the following concepts:REST APIs in JAVA, SpringBoot, Spring testing libraries;
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
Nice to have skills:
- Operations experience;
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Docker and OpenShift is a plus;
- Experience with Microservices and System Design knowledge is a plus;
- Understanding of RESTful web services and/or experience with API development;
- Experience with change management and incident management via Service-Now.