VP, Operational Risk Management
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | United States | New York | 2020-06-22 | 059583
ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in businesses. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values ( we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviors (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity.
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you will be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code. And that’s a promise.
Assist Operational Risk management in the identification, measurement and mitigation of operational risks, monitoring risks on a regular basis to follow ING Group policies and guidelines,as well as, local legislation and regulations.
Your ultimate goal is to effectively challenge the business proactively and guard that ING operates within the risk appetite.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- Your primary focus will be on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level
- Identify and assist in the identification of operational risks and development of processes and controls to help mitigate such risks
- Participate and challenge risk assessments on specific Operational Risk projects and programs
- Challenge and monitor implementation of corporate, local, and applicable regulatory Policies, Procedures and Controls
- From an operational point of view you will be responsible for understanding and assessing ING's business operations regarding Operational Risk, identifying issues and opportunities and collaborating with 1st LoD on the implementation / challenge of appropriate solutions.
- Challenge, monitor and advise on: (1) Definition and communication of a sound risk management strategy; (2) Setting and monitoring of risk appetite and limits; (3) Design of effective risk governance structures and risk organizations; (4) Establishing effective behaviors and an appropriate level of risk awareness; (5) Risk identification and assessment; (6) Risk mitigation and control design; (7) Incidents and loss management (8) Risk monitoring and action tracking; (9) Reporting and communicating (internal and external); and (10) Control
testing (design and operating effectiveness) and in-control statements.
- Participate in innovation projects to advise and challenge on implementation of operational risk controls requirements;
- Be a stronger contributor supporting the ORM team to monitor and keep its Risk Appetite within pre-defined thresholds.
- Possess knowledge of Operational Risk Management, business processes, banking products and systems to allow for a pragmatic and effective approach to risk management
- Effectively challenge the business proactively and guard that ING operates within the risk appetite
- Work closely together with Information Risk Management to raise awareness and challenge the business with regards to new threats like cybercrime, privacy and data security etc;
- Able to build a network of trusted relationships with key stakeholders from business, ORM,other 2nd LOD functions, CAS, auditors and regulators;
- Be a strong communicator to enable positive impact and contribute to creating a learning organization
- Able to focus the limited capacity on the high-risk activities
- Familiar with non-financial risk models and risk assessments
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills to support peers and team members;
- Able to build relationships at all levels, cultivating a broad network of contacts;
- Have communication and presentation skills that allow one to express their ideas with impact and in a compelling, simple and credible manner;
- Being innovative and being able to drive change in order to simplify and strengthen policies,processes and procedure;
- Ability to learn quickly from documentation, analyses and talking to experts;
- Being pro-active, have high quality standards and work according to the planning;
- Have a critical, though positive constructive mind set;
- Being accurate and thorough in your work;
- Being self-confident / self-empowered;
- Demonstrate problem analysis & judgment skills;
- Being interested in continuously developing of your expertise and knowledge;
- Ability to be firm when needed and flexible when possible;
- Problem analysis & judgment
- Decision making
- Results oriented
- Ability to delegate
- Creativity & Adaptability
- Listening skills & Empathy
- Self-confidence / Self-empowerment
- Challenge status-quo
- Personal Ownership
- Think Forward
ING Bank does not have a commercial banking license in the U.S. and therefore not permitted to conduct a commercial banking business in the U.S. Through its wholly owned subsidiary ING Financial Services LLC, and its affiliates, it offers a full array of wholesale products such as commercial lending and a full range of FM products and services.
ING is a committed equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate these differences and rely upon your unique perspective to innovate and seize new opportunities. Come as you are.