Compliance Advisory Specialist
Legal / Tax / Compliance | Lombardia | 2021-03-30 | 061300
The Compliance Advisory Specialist identifies, assesses, advises on, monitors and reports under the supervision and coordination of Compliance Advisory Manager on the bank’s compliance risk, defined as the risk of impairment of ING Group’s integrity, leading to damage to ING’s reputation, legal or regulatory sanctions, or financial loss, as a result of a failure (or perceived failure) to comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards.
The responsibility of the Compliance function is to proactively:
1. identify, assess and monitor the compliance risks faced by ING Bank Italy;
2. assist, support and advise Management in fulfilling its compliance responsibilities;
3. advise any employee or officer with respect to their (personal) compliance obligations thereby helping ING Bank Italy to carry on business successfully and in conformity with external and internal standards.
1. Creating awareness on Compliance risks and on the consequences of external legislation and regulations towards the business unit;
2. Supporting Head of Compliance in advising Management and advocating how to limit the Compliance risks by assisting Management, who maintains primary responsibility, in translating the relevant legislation and regulations into rules and controls governing the internal business operations;
3. Supporting Head of Compliance in advising Management on the implementation and application of the relevant rules and controls to ensure compliance with Italian legislation and regulations;
4. Independently assessing and monitoring the realization of risk mitigation activities and remediation plans;
5. Supporting Head of Compliance fostering the creation of a sense of responsibility for preventing and limiting risks by adapting the internal business operations and monitoring the realization of plans;
6. Creating awareness and developing training and education;
7. Supporting Head of Compliance of the periodic reporting to Head Office and Regulators.
1. Supporting in developing of a Compliance Chart which describes and analyses in terms of compliance risk those laws, regulations and standards which are material and relevant to the business and fall within the generic scope of the Compliance function;
2. Review and implementation of internal procedures and ING Bank Italy compliance policies;
3. Assistance to all areas of the bank regarding clarification and assistance on compliance policies, procedures, guidelines;
4. Assistance to all areas of the bank in cooperation with the Legal department regarding regulatory requirements that should be adopted by the business unit;
5. Participating and consulting in bank’s projects in order to advise and assist the business to identify compliance risks, implementing risk mitigating measures, including clear standards, procedures and guidelines, to prevent, mitigate or minimize (important) compliance risks and to detect, report and respond to compliance violations;
6. Supporting in conducting Compliance Risk Assessment;
7. Development, maintenance and conducting of an on-going Compliance training and education programs, to promote a strong compliance culture, awareness and understanding of compliance standards, procedures and guidelines and of compliance-relevant issues;
8. On-going monitoring of the adherence to the Compliance Policy and its minimum standards, and applicable legal and regulatory standards, and assisting in enforcement as needed;
9. Supporting in the preparation of periodic reports to HO;
10. Supporting in the preparation of periodic reports required by Regulator to Management (e.g. Transparency report, complaints report, annual report to Management).
• Ability to transform head office guidelines into local policies and procedures;
• Insight in business processes to interpret external and internal developments with regard to all relevant Compliance issues;
• Equipped to generate required compliance risk management output like reports, policies, etc.
• Sharp ability to identify and diagnose compliance related issues;
• Understanding of retail products and processes.
• Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics;
• Strong decision-making skills;
• Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-departmental and cross-functional projects;
• Ability to influence others and effectively advise;
• Team working;
• Deliver and communicate in a clear and concise way.