Asset & Liability Management Risk Manager
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-10-08 | REQ-10022185
Who are we looking for?
You are an experienced risk analyst with a good understanding of different types of market risks (interest rate, liquidity and fx risks). You understand the complexities of a banking group with global operations and have a good understanding of recent regulatory changes and requirements.
You are team player who will add value to the Financial Risk organisation within a dynamic environment. You will ensure that the activities you are responsible for will be performed to an exceptional standard.
You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenges, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
Mission & Dimensions
The Financial Risk department was established in 2017 as a head office function to set and control financial risk strategy across the organization. The purpose of Financial Risk (FR) is setting the risk strategy across the bank to control the financial risk. The department provides strategic guidance on financial risk (credit, trading, and balance sheet), safeguards regulatory compliance, is responsible for model development for banking, trading and credit risk and acts as risk manager for the Global Treasury.
The key activities for the Financial Risk Manager role are:
- Monitoring financial risks;
- Portfolio risk monitoring and analysis;
- Coordinate, challenge & perform financial risk analysis and assessment;
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank;
- Performing the periodic asset and liability reviews;
- Prepare advice on management of financial risk;
- Support Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring;
- Activities related to ILAAP and ICAAP;
- Participation / leading (change) projects;
- Support design and roll-out of risk frameworks throughout the bank;
- Propose principles & minimum standards for Financial Risk;
- Act within a mandate to approve transactions.
Work experience & skills required
- >5 years of experience in the Financial Risk domain;
- Expert in risk management and financial products;
- Fluent in English;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or Quantitative specialisation.
- Working with presentations, ability to present complex content in easy and transparent way.
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Strong analytical skills (breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces);
- Good communication skills;
- Able to identify and solve complex problems independently and with experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties;
- Ability to use advance formulas, macros and calculation spreadsheets
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Decisive and resilient;
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Candidates with work experience with Murex, QRM and/or Intex applications have an advantage.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code.