Associate Sustainable Finance
Medewerker | Wholesale Banking | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-09-04 | REQ-10020392
Sustainable Finance is looking to expand the team by hiring an Associate with an international profile and eager to build experience in Sustainable Finance (green/social bonds, sustainable lending, investments, etc).
Are you passionate about social and environmental sustainability? Do you believe that sustainable business is the future? A growing number of major companies have adopted sustainable business strategies to ensure their long term profitability. As a result, new sectors are emerging and business models are developing that require creative financial solutions. Companies are looking for banks which will finance their transitions towards sustainability. This provides ING with solid business opportunities which are profitable and contributes to a sustainable global economy.
Sustainable Finance is a key strategic growth area of ING’s Think Forward Strategy. Drive and set vision to grow the global business line of ING's key strategic priorities. We receive high rankings in sustainability indexes and we are considered a leader for our integrated approach of sustainable business. The Sustainable Finance team has grown from a start-up to a global business line with teams in EMEA, Asia and the Americas.
To support the team in growing our business further we are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, individual who is ready to work in a dynamic commercial environment. Do you have international profile, a commercial antenna, excellent presentation and in depth sustainability knowledge?
You can be part of it!
- Contribute to client pitches and framework design for a variety of sustainable products (Green Bonds & Loans, SIL, advisory);
- Support in green structuring of transactions;
- Analyse business development in new markets and circular economy;
- Support internal and external projects globally, (including innovation projects to create new financing structures and identify new growth markets)
- Build and expand your network. Expand internal relationships with all global business lines, sustainability ambassadors and relevant stakeholders outside the Wholesale Bank;
- Facilitate communication & reporting;
- Support in enhancing internal and external profiling to put ING's sustainable business initiatives on the map for employees, clients, peers, and other stakeholders
Who we are looking for?
A candidate who can support in expanding Sustainable Finance business.
- Deep Sustainable knowledge
- Understanding of the financial sector (lending and bonds)
- Commercial drive
- Communication and reporting skills
- Execution power;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
An international profile is preferred.
Who are we?
The team reports to the Wholesale Bank Management Team - Head of Lending and has been mandated to lead the roll-out for all Wholesale Banking areas. Sustainable Finance has a team in Amsterdam, Singapore, Brussels and New York.
What do we offer ?
- An entrepreneurial Associate position based in Amsterdam to support expanding the Sustainable Finance business;
- The opportunity to support sustainable transitions and help ING in maintaining its leadership position;
- a 40-hour working week
- Dutch job grade 11
Click on Apply. You can also call our recruiter or Robert Spruijt, EMEA Lead Sustainable Finance for information. For more information about ING check: www.ING.nl/werken