Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10013798 Vacature geplaatst op
Business Manager to the Tribe Lead Local NL and Global Tribe Lead IT Operations within Tech/Infra. In this role, you will be continuously challenged and be provided with ongoing learning opportunities by the leadership teams. The Tribes comprise staff across the Netherlands and Poland, with more countries to follow.
Tech/Infra - the basis of ING’s business now and in the future - is going through major changes. First, the way we operate infrastructure is changing rapidly to software-defined: Infrastructure as Code. This is a key enabler of the bank wide agile way of working. Secondly, there is a shift going on in the responsibilities for infrastructure operations towards application owners and DevOps teams. In turn, that implies a shift for the infrastructure department from operating it all to providing consumable services and capabilities. And third, as a result, the organisation needs to adapt, the engineers need not only to follow, but to initiate change, while management should provide context and facilitate.
All of these changes touch the whole of the Tech-organisation: all local and global Tribes within Tech/Infra, but also all other CIO domains within the Bank. As such, this position is the ultimate opportunity to grow your network, and to experience and actually drive change from the inside.
As the Business Manager, you will report directly to Erik Pijls, Tribe Lead Local NL and Global Tribe Lead IT Operations. The core activity of the role will be to to pick up strategic, tactical and sometimes operational topics, in order to drive them to implementation or conclusion. More concrete: perform strategic analyses or actively participate in implementing the Bank’s strategic programs, manage projects or other tasks at hand, or prepare presentations.
- Ideally, you have already got to know ING and/or the Tech Organisation
- You have strong analytical skills (connecting the dots, translate concepts into concrete actions, bring structure, get information from data)
- You possess knowledge of and have strong affinity with Information Technology
- You have to be fluent in English, verbally and in writing, and are a strong communicator
- You are motivated and a multi-tasker, show flexibility and can maintain confidentiality
The following skills are a clear advantage:
- Completed MSc
- Affinity with Information Technology, and Infrastructure in particular
- Well-developed consulting skills (customer oriented, bring focus into complexity) are a definite advantage
- Being a self starter: take it on and make it happen, and know when to escalate
- A job where you are in touch with the wheel that steers the heart of our future Bank
- Extending your professional network while being offered every opportunity for personal growth
- Challenging tasks that enable professional development in a wide variety of Information Technology topics
- Exposure to senior management and strategic topics, personal coaching from Tribe Lead and many opportunities to fast-track your career in any direction
If you’re interested in this role, please contact Erik Pijls so we can discuss options and possible next steps. If you have any additional questions, please also get in touch.