Chapter lead IT4IT
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10012556 Vacature geplaatst op
Chapter Lead IT4IT
Your new job
Group Services IT4IT is looking for enthusiastic IT Chapter Leads. Team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft, solution-focussed and broadly developed. Our IT Chapter Leads have a positive can-do mind-set and they live the Orange Code Behaviour. Besides a passion for IT, IT Chapter Leads have strong people management skills.
The IT Chapter Lead’s role is twofold. First and foremost he/she performs content tasks, contributing to a Tribe’s/Squad’s purpose for 60% of his/her time. Second, he/she is the Agile Manager (hierarchical manager) of an IT Chapter, a group of professionals in the same area of expertise.
For details on the content work, please refer to the appropriate role description (e.g. Dev Engineer or Ops Engineer).
As an Agile Manager, the IT Chapter Lead plans/coaches/assesses (PCB) and professionalises his/her employees. He/she is accountable for his/her staff having appropriate competencies and skills. In particular, he/she is accountable for continued professionalization so that his/her employees are able to continue to fulfil the roles and adhere to the work processes related to the Agile way of working. He/she stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole. He/she encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability. He/she coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioural aspects. He propagates a culture that fits with an agile way of working and is the role model of the associated behaviour.
He/she ensures that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed.
Also, together with the Chapter members, he/she determines the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
What will you do?
For details on the content work description (60% of the IT Chapter Lead role), please refer to the appropriate role. Tasks below refer to the managerial part of the IT Chapter Lead role.
Stimulate the ‘new’ culture:
• Act as an agile role model
• Coach individual IT Chapter members on agile/CI- mindset and –behavior, on expertise related skills and knowledge sharing
• Challenge IT Chapter members in their way of working and their continuous improvements
Realize and maintain the IT maturity:
• Strengthen the organization by continuously improving the IT Chapter’s way of working/standards
Organizational Development and Employee planning:
• Identify and stimulate the processing of organizational improvement opportunities
• Perform the PCB (Planning, Coaching, Appraisal) cycle with all his/her internal IT Chapter members
• Discuss IT Chapter progress in skills development and future demand with the IT (Area) Lead
• Allocate IT Chapter members to relevant Squads
• Ensure qualitative alignment between IT Chapter members and relevant Product Owners’ planned business value (Staffing)
• Perform long term employability planning
• Perform all other people management tasks, f.e. recruitment, talent management, et cetera
• Propagate IT vision and strategy to his/her IT Chapter members in order to align goals
• Ensure the application of expertise specific standards (DoD)
• Share relevant insights and developments in his/her own expertise with his/her and other IT Chapter members
• Follow market developments in his/her area of expertise
• Align with other (IT) Chapter Leads
Who are you?
You are a driven IT Chapter Lead that must be passionate about IT. You are ambitious with what you and your Chapter want to achieve. You stimulate the team members towards continuous improvement of their skills. You encourage and stimulate employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability. You are a coach to individual team members, both regarding Chapter related skills and behavioural aspects. You bring positive energy to the team and have very good social and communication skills. This leads to great performance.
Your education, experience and background:
• Education at Bachelor/Master level with a strong analytical background in IT.
• Relevant IT experience: 5 years
• You are a team player. Teamwork is one of the core competencies of the IT Chapter Lead. It is important that you work well with people and share information that is important for others. You are open to the input of others and you are prepared to learn from them. You place the importance of a common goal above personal goals. This way, you encourage teamwork in order to achieve mutual goals. You align people and supports empowerment of the squad members.
• Professional Expertise/ market focus. You are passionate about IT. You work on the development of your knowledge in certain fields and as your level of experience increases, you also develop deeper and broader knowledge. At the highest level within this function, the focus of professional expertise shifts to vision. Your skill level enables you to have a strategic outlook on the future and make a link between the current situation, developments, the corporate strategy and the long-term vision.
• As an IT Chapter Lead, you are able to make good analyses. Problem analysis and judgement is therefore an essential competency in this profile. To the customer, you act as an expert in analysing requirements. You are familiar with potential problems related to the IT products to be implemented and as you develop, you increase your ability to anticipate these problems.
• Performance motivation: an IT Chapter Lead consistently tries to improve performance and the IT services provided. You continuously focus on improving your personal performance and that of your team. You strive to achieve high work standards and are not satisfied with average levels of performance.
• Flexibility is required in order to get things done. You do not just give up when things are not going well, and you know who or where to turn to within the organisation if you need support.
• Besides his/her persuasiveness, a successful IT Chapter Lead also has the ability to adjust his/her style of communication to and take into account the interests of the people he/she is addressing. Within the multidisciplinary teams in which you work, you are able to use arguments that appeal to the people taking part in the discussion and you present your arguments in measured doses at crucial moments. At higher levels, you influence higher management and different stakeholders.
• Customer focus and customer interests paramount: a successful IT Chapter Lead comes up with solutions that meet the needs of the customer. You understand the customer's needs and wishes and you can therefore advise the customer on the best IT solution based on your professional expertise.
• Planning and organisation: the planning and organisation competency is highly important when it comes to performing the activities in a good flow of sprints. This involves the ability to accurately assess the size of the units, to set their priority and to schedule them. Of course, this also involves progress monitoring, ensuring that scheduled tasks are completed on time.
• Organisation sensitivity: From a management position, you should understand the effects of your decisions within the organisation.
• You are an Orange Code rolemodel:
o You are always a step ahead
o You take it on and make it happen
o You help other be successful