Compliance Officer/KYC Specialist
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-09-05 | REQ-10021701
ING is looking for a Compliance Officer to support the Head of Challengers & Growth Management Compliance by:
- Effectively instructing Challengers & Growth (C&G) head office Management and employees on compliance-related requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the compliance area. In this end, working alongside them by pro-actively supporting in the execution of the strategy, including mergers and acquisitions and innovation led initiatives.
- Performing functional oversight (i.e., advising, monitoring and supporting) over the local Compliance Functions within the business units of Challengers & Growth Management (C&GM).
The C&GM Compliance Officer must develop a clear understanding of the business practices and strategy throughout C&GM. S/he must act within the scope and mandate of the ING Compliance Risk Management Charter and Framework and must review and continually assess and improve the effectiveness of the compliance risk management framework throughout C&GM.
As a Compliance officer you are responsible for:
Creating awareness of risks to reputation and integrity and the consequences of external legislation and regulations within C&GM; Supporting the Head of Compliance C&GM and advising Senior Management on how to limit the risks to reputation and integrity by assisting Senior Management, who maintains primary responsibility, in translating the relevant legislation and regulations into rules and controls governing the internal business operations; Advising, challenging and assisting the Compliance functions with the business units of C&GM on the implementation and application of the relevant rules and controls to ensure compliance with legislation, regulations and ING Compliance policies. Independently assessing and monitoring the realization risk mitigation activities and remediation plans; Fostering the creation of a sense of responsibility for preventing and limiting risks by adapting the internal business operations and monitoring the realization of plans; Creating awareness and providing training and education.
As a KYC Specialist you are:
Working closely with the C&GM MLRO who is responsible for establishing an effective and responsive anti-money laundering governance framework by supporting the C&GM head office and the business units globally in the further embedding of the Know Your Client Policy (KYC) requirements and controls within their business environment. The position is a key channel for advice, training, translating (external) developments to the C&GM environment as well as communicating and sharing of best practices. Focussing on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic and Financial Sanctions as well as Export Controls and Proliferation Financing. Maintaining expertise and in depth subject knowledge and understanding of good practice and procedures in the KYC domain (continuous development). Support the business in translating requirements to practical implementable solutions; Provide operational support in KYC/AML/Sanctions related issues. Maintain functional oversight of the local control framework and embedding of the FEC requirements and controls (in close cooperation with the Bank Compliance Functional Oversight Monitoring team). Monitor and follow-up on open audit-items and incidents. Identify key areas for improvement and provide support and guidance to implement good practice.
Your work environment
The C&GM Compliance Officer works closely with the Head of Compliance C&GM, C&GM MLRO (Money Laundring Reporting Officer) and other team members, as well as with the Management Team members of C&G CRO and with Bank Compliance Risk Management, to ensure that compliance risks arising from the activities of the C&GM units are properly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored & reported. As Compliance Officer you report to the Head of Compliance C&GM who in turn reports to the CRO C&GM.
What we are looking for in you?
- Detailed knowledge of ING Corporate Compliance Charter and Framework and all relevant policies
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Compliance, including AML and Sanctions, within the banking industry;
- Knowledge of AML and Sanctions regulations;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to quickly analyze data/compliance processes/compliance practices, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Ability to negotiate and convince stakeholders, including Senior Management;
- Willingness and ability to travel abroad;
- Team player able to challenge and sound board with other team members;
- Ability to work independently;
- Thorough understanding of compliance relevant legislation/regulations, international trends and industry developments;
- A university degree or comparable experience and skills
- Possess a ‘can do’ approach, passion for the business, and drive for results.
- Strong sense of accountability: delivers on promise, takes ownership, etc.;
- Effective communication skills, ability to influence others and effectively advise, and provide information either written or orally in English;
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate, mobilize the necessary personnel to manage the workload, even under time pressure;
- Sharp ability to identify and diagnose compliance related issues;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Investigation and inspection skills;
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics;
- Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-departmental and cross-functional projects.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with Management, Legal and other risk functions to provide business-relevant reporting and advising on compliance risks and related matters to Management, hierarchical and functional line;
- Report information that Management needs to know, including information on key compliance risk issues, monitoring results, emerging trends, status of policy embedding, lessons learned and any other relevant or necessary information;
- Ensure reports are accurate, complete and on time as well as adhere to ING standards;
- Develop lessons learned to ensure the business learns from incidents and implement controls to prevent future occurrences;
- Keep accurate records of reported material compliance incidents;
- Maintain and index a wide range of compliance and relevant corporate documentation for quick and accurate storage and retrieval;
- Escalate to hierarchical and functional line when Management is not resolving an incident (appropriately) or compliance-related matter;
- Foster the mutual functional relationship with the colleagues in Corporate Compliance Risk Management by open and transparent communication and follow up on requests.
What do we offer?
A position in a complex and dynamic area within the bank, empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude. You have the possibility to develop your skills in a challenging work environment.