Control Officer Challenger & Growth Markets
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-07-18 | REQ-10016473
ING is looking for a...
Control Officer C&G
ING's Challenger & Growth (C&G) business line serves 25m customers in 10+ countries, and comprises ca. half of ING's assets and profits.
Within the C&G head office, the COO/CTO team is responsible for the continuous optimization across C&G of operational performance, whilst ensuring the business effectively manages risks and meets regulatory obligations. Furthermore, the COO/CTO coordinates the design and deployment of ING’s global transformation across C&G countries
You will become part of the Control Office within the C&G COO/CTO department. We are on a mission to achieve Control Excellence across our business line. We will ensure that our business activities are in line with our integrity and compliance standards, and that we minimize errors and balance costs by designing best-in-class control solutions that wow our customers.
In your role you will coordinate the management of non-financial risk within the first line of defense of C&G, working closely with our business units and global stakeholders. You will support the design of risk-based controls and lead the oversight on the implementation and ongoing assessment of controls, both from a regulatory as well as from a process perspective.
As part of the COO Control Office you will be responsible for:
- Design effective and efficient control frameworks for product lines and business processes, aligned with ING's standards and with a process based end-to-end risk view
- Lead and monitor the implementation of regulatory programs and requirements
- Support business units with identifying risks within processes and implementing control standards, including education and training to staff in C&G
- Increase the efficiency of controls by seeking ways to improve automation and sourcing of control and testing activities.
- Advise on and monitor the implementation of controls, testing of key controls, and the follow up of risk mitigating actions (issues) within the C&G division
- Provide and analyze comprehensive, integrated risk and control performance measurement and reporting. Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems
- Create and deliver strategic presentations and reports/updates to senior management.
- Act as a champion for risk management and continuous improvement.
Required Experience and Competencies
You know how to achieve goals in a large complex organisation; you know how to build and maintain relations with all your stakeholders; you think strategically and are capable of translating from an abstract level to tangible execution.
- Proven experience with assessing risks, and designing and implementing controls in business processes
- Experience with KYC, GDPR, MiFID and other regulatory control frameworks, good understanding of control standards related to Sourcing, IT, Fraud and operational processes
- A persistent, open and convincing communicator; able to communicate with all levels in the organisation
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships in complex, international matrix organization
- Virtual team management experience
- Strong analytical skills and business sense (you are able to look beyond figures)
- Proven business management skills – consistent delivery of high-quality output under strong time pressure
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to deal well with very high levels of ambiguity, both in terms of process and content.
- Emotional resilience: adapts easily to new environments; remains calm, and continues to perform under pressure; talks openly and honestly; gives and acts on constructive feedback
- Open-minded and ‘can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and displays resilience against adversity
- Are fluent in English; and
- Are willing to travel up to 10% of your time.
What we offer
Job grade 12
Please click on Apply and upload your CV & motivation letter. We are looking forward to your application!