Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-07-10 | REQ-10019180
ING is looking for...
Reporting, Data & Analytics (RDA) is looking for a Junior data analyst with Risk / Finance background to support in regulatory related projects and ad- hoc requests from senior management / regulators.
We are looking for a candidate who is proficient in analysing data using SAS, combined with background in Finance and/or Risk, preferably Credit Risk. The successful candidate has strong data analysis skills, attention for detail and performs well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in the area of risk and to deal with the challenges of Regulatory and Senior Management requests, then this job is something to apply for!
As a junior data analyst in our team you will have the opportunity to support critical and dynamic regular and ad-hoc Risk deliverables to regulatory and other external stakeholders of ING Bank and to report and analyse on ING Bank’s credit risk portfolio.
You will support the regulatory reporting process by:
- creating and running SAS projects to extract required information from source systems;
- ensuring data is managed and of the required quality: both monitoring and follow up;
- interpreting and analysing data (e.g. looking at trends / anomalies);
- visualising the results through Dashboards;
- following up on regulatory data requests ensuring regulatory compliance;
- co-ordination point for a particular data request;
- embedding the knowledge and way of analysing the data in the risk organisation by sharing expertise.
In this process, you will work closely with (senior) staff of both Risk and Finance, and interact with business line teams for specific requests. You have an opportunity to learn from experts in different areas within the Bank.
Your work environment:
The Reporting, Data & Analytics (RDA) department is part of the ING COO Risk organisation providing reporting, analysis, data quality assurance & governance services to internal and external stakeholders.
RDA is an international and enthusiastic team with the purpose of:
- providing stakeholders with fit-for-purpose risk reports and analyses;
- bringing risk reporting and analytics to the next level by driving innovation and standardisation across the global risk function;
- acting as guardian for the Risk data
RDA follows an agile way of working in which various squads have been defined. These are high performing, self-steering teams each with their own purpose. The current vacancy resides in the Regulatory Projects and Adhoc requests squad.
You will be part of an international and enthusiastic team. Members of the squad have frequent interaction with other departments in the ING Bank organization and as such have an opportunity to discuss and get insights into specific ING portfolios. Openness in communication and “can do” mentality are important characteristics of the department.
Who we are looking for (expertise)?
- Bachelor or Master in Quantitative economics or other science which has equipped you with the necessary knowledge and database / programming skills;
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a data/analytics oriented function;
- Experience with SAS EG and SAS Base programming ;
- Affinity with data and querying with SQL is a must;
- Knowledge of Data visualisation tools;
- Knowledge of credit risk and related regulation is an added plus;
- Knowledge of Basel III and IFRS9 is an added plus
Personal Profile (personal skills)
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail;
- Critical mind-set with respect to what is delivered;
- Hands on mentality with regard to data;
- Have ability to cope with internal and external pressure;
- Communicative, accurate and able to work with challenging deadlines;
- Be a good team player, able to contribute in a multi-cultural team;
- Fluency in English both written and verbal (work language).
What do we offer?
- 36/40 hour working week
- job grade 8 -9 depending on experience
Apply directly online and click on Apply for this job.
Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application.