Dev Engineer - PSL
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10011526 Vacature geplaatst op
ING is looking for an experienced Development (Dev) Engineer
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver new features, stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on:
Chief Information Office Netherlands (CIONL) is primarily focused on facilitating all IT-activities of Domestic Bank. It’s a very ambitious department. You will be working in a Dev Ops team who’s responsible for the change and maintenance of the account management system for savings, loans and current accounts.
How will you help us transform from a former traditional bank to a global FinTech company? How will you change banking?
Within this domain Corebank system, Profile, plays a crucial role and is the heart of ING. The Profile application is processing millions of transactions every day. You will be working within one of the ten Dev Ops teams (Squads), CoreBank. The department is working in a Dev Ops manner, where Scrum/Agile method and Continuous Delivery practices are very important. As a Dev Engineer you be responsible for implementing new features, design, build, test and deploy. We release several times a week, but perhaps you can help us with automating the pipeline?
We mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: Profile Scripting Language (PSL), Mumps, Python, Java, Shell Script, SQL, C, GitLab, Sonarqube, Fortify, Nolio, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker. All based on a Websphere/Tomcat/AIX/Linux/GTM/Oracle stack.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- You have an awesome personality
- You have at least five years of experience of Engineer
- You have experience in object oriented programming, preferable Java
- You want to learn/invest in another programming language (PSL) and want to work on a complex CoreBanking system
- You are familiar with container-based development environments such as Docker
- You enjoy to come up with solutions in new technologies
- You have experience in coaching other Engineers
- You have experience with working in a complex and challenging IT environment where continuity matters
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/Dev/Ops team
- You know toolings such as VS code, GIT, Nolio, Jenkins, Artifactory
- You are a teamplayer and a true professional in every way
- You handle production support issues as they arise
- You have a getting-things-done mentality
- You speak up, are transparent and not shy to confront somebody
Since we need to be 24/7 available, the availability and performance of the system is top priority.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Very important is individual development of our employees and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. In addition we offer:
You will be working in the heart of banking (dealing with main products such as loans, savings and payments) with a system that is dealing with tens of millions of transactions a day!
Next to working on the Core bank itself, you will have the opportunity to build tools yourself (where other technologies are being used for) instead of using open source CD tooling.
You will work on a third party product with about 65 000 components and you will add (or adjust) functionalities through customization.
The full team consists of about 85 engineers (and 10 nationalities) all working in Amsterdam, but on a day2day basis, you will be part of a DevOps team of 7 engineers in a dynamic environment!
- an excellent salary
- a thirteenth month
- life-course savings scheme
- public transport season ticket
- Full time position (36 hour or 40 hour week)
Ready for the challenge? Jump on?
For more information please contact Pawel Debosz at Pawel.Debosz@ing.com
We are looking forward to getting to know you!