Experienced Java Developer
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10004347 Vacature geplaatst op
Experienced Java Developer – Financial Markets Java components
ING is looking for a strong Developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) our pricing & risk Java components. The ING Pricing Architecture (IPA) platform consisting of 5 components that will enable the real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations (e.g. Value at Risk, Expected Shortfall, Bilateral Margining, pre-deal derivatives Pricing) which are driven by new ECB regulation as well as advanced Risk analysis on the derivative product portfolio of Financial Markets (interest rates, credits, foreign exchange). This platform is part of the heart of the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms (Asia, Europe, Americas), with 7-9 scrum teams cooperating towards one Financial Markets IT landscape from 3 locations amongst which Bucharest.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Work on the latest technologies with a strong focus on performance, large data sets and towards event-driven architecture/calculations.
- Distributed systems built around Apache technologies (a.o. Apache Ignite, GridGain)
- Java 8, including Functional programming
- SQL Oracle
- Linux, virtualization, containerization
- Design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests.
- Create front-end components with Angular.js (1.6 current, upgrade possible)
- Through our Agile/Scrum process: interpret business requirements with the Product Owner and Feature Engineer during the refinement session, break down the tasks, estimate the Story Points to develop, test and harden this feature with your colleagues, and deliver and support it on the production environment to our global users.
Based in Amsterdam, we expect you to be responsible and take ownership together with your colleagues in Amsterdam, Brussels and Bucharest. Be open, honest, communicate clearly and be eager to learn.
Your key competencies:
- The drive to understand (international) colleagues of your team, focused on delivering working software together, eager to learn.
- You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a curiosity to understand Java SE fundamentals (e.g. serialization, threading, transactions, functional programming benefits) even when using Spring, Springboot.
- You have experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tooling/practices.
What you bring to the team
- A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of Java software engineering experience
- Experience with of Java 7/8
- Experience in developing automated testing
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams
For more info please contact Harold Los, Interim IT Recruiter, at Harold.Los@ing.nl