Financial Risk Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-12-03 | REQ-10024007
Financial Risk Officer – Credit & Trading Risk
ING Bank N.V. (ING) is looking for a Financial Risk Officer within Credit Exposure Management (CEM) team within Financial Institutions/Financial Markets (FIFM) Risk Management.
Your work environment
The FIFM Risk CEM work environment can be characterized as informal, open and result-orientated. We work agile, meaning we interact with many departments across the FM value chain. FIFM Risk CEM is a global department within ING Wholesale Banking, responsible for counterparty credit risk management, market risk management and product control of ING’s global derivative and collateral portfolio. More in specific, FIFM Risk CEM is responsible for measurement, analysis, advise, reporting and risk monitoring of:
- Valuation adjustments (XVA, i.e. CVA, DVA, FVA, CollVA, AVA) on ING’s global derivative portfolio
- Performance and effectiveness of trading activities of CEM desk within Financial Markets (FM)
- Market risk and Product Control of FM CEM
- Regulations, i.e. Quantitative Impact Studies (QISs), stress tests, consultations, etc.
- Collateral Portfolio Analysis and Eligibility Monitoring for both Financial Markets and Bank Treasury of ING Bank N.V. (i.e. initial and variation margining)
- Backtesting and Benchmarking of counterparty credit and market risk models
- Project support and impact analysis for XVA and Collateral (regulatory and baseline activities).
We are looking for a professional who is interested in working within a challenging and evolving business environment on the cutting edge of credit and market risk.
FIFM Risk CEM provides a candidate with an unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in both counterparty credit risk (i.e. XVA and collateral management) and market risk (VAR, limit monitoring of other market risk measures). Both areas of risk are evolving, as a business and regulatory response to the credit and liquidity crisis of 2007-8. As a Financial Risk Officer you will be responsible for daily monitoring, measuring and advising on the counterparty credit and market risk of ING’s derivatives and securities financing trading portfolios.
How to succeed
The successful candidate has strong analytical skills and the ability to create, challenge and improve risk management techniques and measures. The candidate should have good communication skills and be able to simplify and put complex concepts and practices in the appropriate context.
- University degree in economics, econometrics or other quantitative subjects
- Up to 10 years’ experience, we have vacancies up to experienced specialist/professional
- Proven knowledge of, and keen interest, in financial markets and financial instruments
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and bottom line
- Agile, able to work with multiple stakeholders and able to adjust change
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Proficient in, but not limited to, excel, access, vba, python, matlab, R
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A alary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. Applicable to those with a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.