IT Chapter Lead
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10013772 Vacature geplaatst op
IT Chapter Lead WB Tech / Financial Markets & Global Treasury (10-12)
If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the continuity and compliance measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a no nonsense getting-things done mentality, then please read on! We currently have IT Chapter Lead vacancies in the Financial Markets & Global Treasury domain for the NL IT Areas:
- Competitive Services: DocFM, GMDB (asset control within ING) (3 vacancies)
- Competitive Pricing: Adaptiv Credit Risk, in house JAVA applications (3 vacancies)
- Investing: ANVIL, Ullink, Global Equity Products (3 vacancies)
- Hedging: Murex, Calypso, FX Trading, Back Office Trade Settlement (4 vacancies)
- Platform Area 1: Pricing/High Performance Computing (2 vacancies)
Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, Omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. Check out this video showing the current transformation happening at ING.
IT for Financial Markets & Group Treasury is responsible for the IT environment that enables the most crucial commercial activities of ING: Trading, Risk Management, and Liquidity Management. Tens of thousands of trades are being processed in real time by our systems every hour. Flawless processing or immediate correction are key as trades covering billions of euros are passing through our systems each day.
We use top notch in-house engineered solutions and market-leading vendor applications like Murex, Calypso, Adaptiv Credit Risk, and Documentum to name a few. These systems and applications need to be running virtually 24/7.
Our teams are spread across the globe: the Netherlands, Romania, Belgium, Singapore, UK and India, serving users in over 15 countries worldwide. Our teams are often virtual and the Engineers forming them come from every continent in the world. Therefore, our main language is English.
Working in DevOps Scrum teams we are end-to-end responsible for our software: feature analysis, design, development, implementation and support of the production environment (we build it, we own it). We automate and smarten up everything: deployment, functional/technical/ performance testing, system health checks, monitoring plus alerting and anything else that is still done manually. We aim to go to fully self-managing and self-optimizing systems.
We are now transforming the whole Financial Markets organization to ING’s One Agile Way of Working, where teams are composed of IT Engineers and business colleagues for a faster and more relevant delivery to our customers.
Your work environment
You are an energetic IT Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. This will be your role in the squad for approximately 60% of your time. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad: a self-managing, autonomous unit with end-to-end responsibility for a customer journey whom primary driver is the customer perspective. You will be involved in the whole development lifecycle, from refining user stories until monitoring software in production. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your Chapter and developing your Chapter members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others and coaching Chapter members and oversee their personal development. You love helping people to grow their mastery.
Desired skills and experience as an IT Engineer
As an IT Engineer you work on developing and testing high quality applications, at a bank that is known for its IT innovations. As an Engineer you have:
- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment
- Good knowledge (or at least keen interest to gain it) of some of the area of financial markets is desirable for this position
- Strong fundamentals in software design and development
- At least Competent in Java 7/8 development and relevant frameworks (e.g. SPRING)
- You are the specialist in in the mentioned technology area of the vacancy you are applying to
- You will be also working with Calypso, Active Pivot, Murex, asset control of which knowledge is a strong nice-to-have, but the willingness and ability to master these new technologies a must-have
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using continuous delivery tooling such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Sonar
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum
Your role as an IT Chapter Lead
As IT Chapter Lead you are the authority in that specific field and have a proven track record. The excellent Engineers in your Chapter will grow faster and become world class because of you. You will split your time between being an Engineer in a squad and coaching your Chapter.
Your key responsibilities
You hierarchically oversee a chapter of 7-10 Engineers, implying the people management. This covers the recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development and evaluation of your Chapter members. You inspire and encourage your Chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both professionally as well as personally. This part could be part of your personal development as well, if not fully familiar with it at this point in time in your professional career.
- Ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of the new Agile Way of Working: ensure continuous learning based on feedback, taking into account the different backgrounds of people across cultures and geographies
- Develops individuals and teams and maintains a high level of performance, taking into account teams can work at different locations, countries and time zones
- Management responsibility for 7-10 Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in one of the fields of the IT Area
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Highly proficient at helping the organization structure complex engineering issues so they can be completely redesigned, rather than improved incrementally: technology, development methodologies, end-to-end testing, Identity and Access Management, IT Risk control, Infra provisioning, Change Management, Continuous Improvement / Continuous Delivery
- Encourages and facilitates people in the Chapter to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise
We are looking for
- Management experience in getting the best out of people, when working with multiple cultures at the same time; preferably, in an Agile organization
- Achieve optimal results by empowering people and giving them responsibility, at the same time provoking them, challenging them and keeping them on the ball; encouraging people to act on their innovative ideas and proposals
- Have a keen IT market focus: you are passionate about major trends in the way of working including, for example, Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Inspiring and exuding energy and passion
- Your management approach is based on facts, data and empathy
- Experience in developing and implementing IT policy
- Excellent analytical skills
- Focused on collaboration: sets aside own ego in the interests of achieving the best results – helps others to achieve success
Proven track record and technical skills
The IT Chapter Lead is at least a competent IT Engineer and has the education and professional certifications required for this function.
On top of the experience and specialized knowledge related to its function as Engineer, the IT Chapter Lead has:
- experiences in both engineering and leadership roles in Agile teams
- experiences in management based on hard and soft data
- knowledge of the business of the Tribe you work in