IT Product Owner Omnichannel Web platform
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10010723 Vacature geplaatst op
ING is looking for a IT Product Owner with a drive to enable teams globally to speed up their software delivery and achieve an a state-of-the-art flexible and high performing Omnichannel Web platform.
ING is transforming rapidly towards a top-notch IT company with a Software Craftsmanship culture and financial innovation. We are end-to-end agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use cutting edge technology.
How will you change banking?
Our department (Tribe) is part of the IT heart for thousands of ING Engineers. Our IT4IT Tribe is called Omni Channels Building Blocks. We are the technological driver behind innovation by setting up a web-scale globally shared Engineering platform and tools. With the right set of IT components and tools we increase the speed of the IT Engineering journey for all squads of all ING countries. In a large organization such as ING, the best way to accelerate on cutting edge technology and faster delivery is giving our Engineers the best possible IT tools by which they reach their delivery goals and can respond rapidly to changing customer demands.
We offer the position of Product Owner Omnichannel Web Platform. As the Product Owner you work with several squads towards high performing world-class platform development that offer our customers the best possible Omnichannel experience for our Daily banking application.
This is what you will do
At first you focus every day on a scalable front-end platform, that acts as the engine of our front end applications and delivers a consistent experience across applications and customers. Then, as a Product Owner you prioritize and refine business requirements into best-in-class digital solutions. You create the right product vision and establish with your squad the execution of your roadmap via sprints in delivering the required features in time. And overall, in this you are the leading inspirer, initiator and creator on what is needed to be developed on Front-End web standards and platforms.
To achieve success and great results you are one with the business. Starting with your feedback and requirement meetings with several stakeholders and present them your updated plan on front end architecture and Omnichannel strategy, to contribute to yours and their goals. To deliver your plan you work with a multi-disciplinary scrum development team. You need your squad expertise’s to work on timeliness delivery of the front-end platform features. Part of this is that you work very closely with Front-end engineers and UX designers to create the best digital experience.
Including the daily scrum ceremonies you ensure with your squad a high predictability of delivering your progressive plan. To get there, you write, refine, slice and prioritize stories for the epics to be delivered according capacity in the sprint planning. Because your are well organized, prepared and have your schedule you are able to make the best decision what to pick up first and make that happen.
To realise delivery in time and high quality you manage that impediments are resolved by the right people in time. For this you have face-to-face calls and because your are well informed you can convince them to take the proper action.
During the day your work loops from short to long term horizon and vice versa. Looking to the day after tomorrow you continuously have the ambition to improve our Omnichannel platform as well as the delivery process, that helps all ING software Engineers to accelerate their software delivery. For the longer term you steer on right value creation by determining valuable and sustainable change on web standards needed for ING in future. You determine what to initiate up front before the identified value, needs or problem arises in time. One of the means you use are data and web analytics.
Thus, periodically you will have market visits, bring outside in view, and analyse in ING what is needed for longer horizon. And that’s not all. You set and share a clear vision on the front-end development by translating this into IT product direction, timely product solutions and highly predictable implementation moments via your roadmap.
So, you work in an ever changing environment with dozens of squads and processes. This means that you need to learn quickly, be alert and adapt on reality. Finally, if you want to be the best, you daily pay attention to continuously changing reality. Therefore you balance the work needed to be done for your product development that has the most business value. Further on you deal with insights and (organizational) forces that needs to be managed and planned with the stakeholders (Tribe MT, User Group, Business representatives).
Ultimately in the end you are the driving Product Owner and responsible that ING squads globally can accelerate and deliver a differentiating, consistent Omnichannel user experience to ING customers.
Your personal “backpack” should contain:
- A certified Product Owner with at least 3 years working experience in the PO craftsmanship within a large scaled Agile organization, with multiple Agile scrum DevOps teams, and well recognized multiple achievements in delivery of value IT4IT epics.
- Experience with creation and implementation of standardized web frame works within large companies.
- Experience in implementing Omnichannel platforms and (mass) consumer digital channels.
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Delivery and integration processes.
- Good knowledge of IT quality management, monitoring, performance management.
- A progressive look with which you invent valuable features that contribute to speed up software delivering capabilities on Front-End web technology.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing) and storytelling capability in fluent English, clearly articulating the rationale and links to defined strategy and goals.
- A team player with ‘we-mentality’ and strong organizational and problem (impediment) solving skills.
- Result and delivery oriented mentality. You take it on and make it happen. You are recognized in right value output against good quality and planning, purpose and epic creation, dependency management, precise user story backlog management and broad stakeholder management.
- Salesman, that sells the products to maximise business value against acceptable exploitation costs.
- Eye for customer journey, customer needs and outside market developments.
- Prove that you are constantly improving and sharing your IT knowledge (books, tutorials, weblogs, presentations at congresses).
- Legal and risk awareness.
If you tick the bigger part of these boxes, then we are looking for you!
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
What do we offer?
One of the most advanced IT environments in the Netherlands. ING wants to be an innovative bank, so we need people who are real innovators. Because within ING our people are the engine for ING´s growth and success. You will work closely with national and international IT experts and you will have enough space to develop yourself even further.
- Excellent salary
- Benefits: 13th month, free Public Transport Card, Pension scheme, etc.
- Visit courses and conferences that fit your personal development
- Inspiring colleagues in an international working environment
Are you interested? Apply for this job now!