Vast, Full-time, Utrecht
Informatie Technologie Deelvakgebied
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10001302 Vacature geplaatst op
ING is looking for a Team Manager with a focus on coaching and improving
ING Working Capital Solutions & Factoring IT is part of the Lending and Trade department of the Operations and IT Banking Wholesale Banking Services organisation.
The purpose of the Lending and Trade department is enhancing ING’s lending capabilities to enable business growth by delivering new features fast and reliable, and operation our systems excellently, to the benefit of our customers and users, while improving ING as a system.
Your primary focus will be the WCS and Factoring department which is located in Bunnik. To support the growth in the business a second position of team manager has been created. Together you’ll manage 6 different DevOps teams supporting multiple business lines in different countries. You will be part of the management team of Lending & Trade, which consists of in total 8 persons. We believe in open and strict rhythms so as management team we work closely together in our Obeya where we manage the realisation of our vision. Strong focus will be on coaching, stimulating the growth of personal capabilities and helping the teams to grow in both way of working and implementation of Continuous Delivery.
Who are you?
Since the DevOPs transition, the role has been changed, various capabilities are vital for managers to transform their role into a role of coach, leader and manager.
You’re role will be a broad one expressed in the four areas below.
Focus on individual people
Ability to do individual coaching on the following areas:
- strengthen people to understand basic IT principles
- strengthen people to grow in domain knowledge both in business and IT architecture
- grow in your individual capabilities (soft skills, orange code, taking responsibility)
Focus on teams
Guiding teams in their development towards autonomous teams
- Understanding team dynamics
- Coaching teams to grow into a state where teams are in control
- Coaching teams towards a state where continuous improvement is a natural habit
- Guiding teams in the understanding of their purpose and growing towards it
Clear understanding of the technical state
- Understanding the landscape
Understanding an guiding the teams in continuous delivery
- Testing and code coverage
- Development frameworks
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (feature branching, version control etc)
- Understanding state of the art IT delivery tools such as CD tools
Focus on the domain
Value delivery aspect
- Guiding teams and value change in balance between value delivery and technical state
Strategic roadmap alignment
- Understanding stakeholder needs
- Help Change Leaders in setting the right priorities
Stimulate collaboration across teams and value chains
- Able to oversee multiple teams and guide these teams in an aligned direction
- Able to setup knowledge sharing across teams
Focus outside ING
- Technical guidance of vendor in delivery state of the art IT and connecting pipelines with ING pipeline
- Managing relations
- Driving the roadmap upfront instead of requesting bespoke developments in the past
- Follow trends in the market both on a domain and technology level
- Setup partnerships with suppliers to improve our own capabilities
What do we offer you?
- A lot of fun both with the teams and in the management team Lending and Trade
- Open and transparent discussions with the aim to improve ING
- Oppertunities to learn and growth
- On paper a 36-hours week however with the passion and drive sometimes a bit more
What is required?
Background in IT, Agile/ Scrum, DevOps and CD.