Employee | Information Technology | Professional | North Holland | 2019-03-06 | REQ-10016223
ING is looking for a (mid-senior level) IT Ops/System Engineer within Digital Channels tribe of Wholesale Banking.
Do you want to be in charge of the correct operation of systems impacting tens of thousands of our commercial banking customers, where investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops? Do you want to be part of a team of top-notch Ops engineers that can take on the challenges of running one of the most important internet-facing applications of one of the largest European Banks? Then please read on.
As a Mid-Senior Ops Engineer you look after the availability, reliability of our main Internet-facing commercial banking system—Wholesale Banking (WB) IB Portal. The IB Portal covers the whole range of ING’s Wholesale Banking products and offers the whole spectrum of Commercial Banking products from payments & cash management to financial markets and lending services just to name a few. IB Portal is accessible via web as well as mobile and tablet devices (with native apps for iOS and Android). The impact of what you are responsible for is huge. The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay at the forefront is of paramount importance. You will focus on strengthening the monitoring and automated delivery of our software to meet the challenges posed by the growth in the number of users of IB Portal and at the same time keep compliance with requirements set by ECB and DNB. Some of the main responsibilities are listed below, we expect you to be able to cover more than half of them.
- Monitoring and supporting all environment of the IB Portal through automation.
- Ability to analyse DB and application performance and make necessary performance tuning suggestions
- Evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring
- Ensure privacy and security are respected
- React to incidents and perform standby activities with the rest of the team
- Provide suggestions and tools to help development decrease lead time
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Digital Channels Tribe.
We operate according to the Agile way of working and the ING Orange culture, which is represented by the Orange Code.
The Orange Code is the sum of two parts:
ING Values - the non-negotiable promises we make to the world. The principles we stick to - no matter what.
- We are honest
- We are prudent
- We are responsible
ING Behaviours - our way of being that makes us different from the rest. The commitments we make to each other and the standards by which we will measure each other’s performance.
- You take it on and make it happen
- You help others to be successful
- You are always a step ahead
For more information about the Orange Code please see: https://www.ing.jobs/Global/Careers/Orange-code.htm
Desired skills & experience
- IT (Master/Bachelor) technical degree.
- Proven track record in the role, preferably in an international environment.
- Really good knowledge and experience of Linux OS fundamentals and virtualization concepts; experience with container orchestrations platform such as Kubernetes or OpenShift are a big nice-to-have.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven, GoCD.
- Good experience of well-known OSS monitoring tools (such as Nagios, Grafana, Zabbix, Kibana, Prometheus) as well as dashboard creation.
- Experience with tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef, and automated deploy on both container and non-container platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby). Developing experience with Python, Java or GoLang is also a big nice-to-have.
- Good knowledge of modern web servers such as Apache, Nginx and application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Good knowledge of relational databases; experience with Oracle is a big nice-to-have.
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the JVM is a nice to have that will help you in the day to day routines.
- Able to work under pressure, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours.
- Basic knowledge of Scrum / Kanban and Agile methodologies.
- Good English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Problem solving
- disciplined and result oriented