Pega Ops Engineer for squad Customer Loyalty
Vast, Full-time, Noord Holland
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Student Minimale educatie
REQ-10011194 Vacature geplaatst op
This role description is an addendum to JCF.
This is a generic role description. Focus areas may differ per Squad and/or employee, depending on the specific activities performed within this role.
As part of a Squad, the Ops Engineer ensures the operational stability, integrity and availability of one or more inhouse operated applications (incl. interfaces).
The Ops Engineer actively monitors, manages, tests, deploys and operates one or more applications (complying to the Statement of Service), noting the detailed technical behavior and performance across all aspects of the application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. He/she continuously improves the automation of deployment and operations tools and activities.
The Ops Engineer understands the complete stack from application to hardware. He/she understands the detailed workflow of the application, expected transactional volumes, the detailed technical behavior of application servers and databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of ING data and information assets.
- Operates a system on a daily basis
- Monitors the availability and performance of the services
- Configures and implements Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring of the entire technology stack using appropriate Event Alerts
- Monitors a system, including interfaces, databases, middleware, (virtual) operating system and hardware. This primarily applies to the Production environments but in a less formal way is relevant for the Acceptance environments as well
- Provides 2nd-line support, i.e. resolves incidents
- Escalates service related issues timely to the Service Manager when applicable
- Identifies and resolves problems both as a result of incidents and pro-actively
- Specifies, creates, tests and deploys runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup)
- Test and executes deployment and rollback scripts in the Acceptance and Production environment
- Deploys (new versions of) an application in the Acceptance and Production environments
- Takes appropriate action after deployments if the application is not working in line with what was expected
- Determines impact of ING Infra changes and takes appropriate actions
- Specifies acceptance criteria based on the application’s Statement of Service
- Performs acceptance, based on these acceptance criteria
- Performs Production Acceptance Tests
- Continuously improves the automation of testing, deployment and operations tools and activities
- Ensures that the system capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner, proactively modelling trends and comparing with planned capacity changes for the future
- Ensures that capacity changes are implemented, tested, and deployed prior to capacity needs becoming an issue
- Ensures that all hardware and software within the system is suitably up-to-date, patched, supportable, secure and current
- Monitors that system security complies to ING standards and policies
- Collects and registers auditable evidence material that complies to Key Controls as defined in ING IT Minimum Standards in appropriate tools (currently OCD) and ensures that it remains up-to-date
- Takes appropriate action if vulnerability scanning or patch testing gives rise for such
- Pro-actively monitors supplier’s release plans and initiates appropriate lifecycle management stories when relevant
- Determines impact of new/changed ING standards and policies
- Ensures that the necessary risk related activities are timely performed
- Applies version control where applicable
- Conducts accurate maintenance of application components in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
This role would be to join the Pega Customer Loyalty squad.
This squad objective is to ensure high quality of service for the customers squads of the Global Pega Platform.
From Product perspective it means working on the Self Service Portal, the generic connectors of the Pega platform, and governing the layer cake of PEGA (specifically the ING layer of it).