Product Owner ALM modelling
Stage | Risk Management | Student | Amsterdam | 2019-06-28 | REQ-10019383
ING is looking for a product owner ALM modelling
Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Model Development is an energetic, international team of around 20 highly qualified professionals. The team is responsible for the development of models to measure and manage market risks in the banking books. These models are core to the success of ING and include behavioural models (e.g. prepayment models), replication (hedging) models and risk measurement models (e.g. economic capital model). The models are related to retail and wholesale products (e.g. mortgages, savings, term loans) and are used by all local Market Risk Management (MRM) units within ING.
The ALM team is part of the Financial Risk Model Development department. Financial Risk Model Development comprises of a team of some 120 modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead in life and business. Its expertise lies in the development and management of ALM, Credit and Trading Risk models, with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies.
What does a Product owner in ALM Modelling do?
We are looking for an experienced colleague who will be the product owner of a squad of around 7 colleagues. You will be in contact with various stakeholders, fill and prioritise the backlog and supervise the sprint planning. As a product owner you play a crucial role in managing stakeholders and delivering projects on time . As our squads are small, the product owners participates in project work as well. This amounts to approximately 50% of your time.
You will be responsible for:
- Backlog management in close contact with global MRM departments, Financial Risk management, the ALM Modelling team itself etc.
- Supervise the squad sprint planning
- Set requirements and assure quality and timelines of project deliverables
The models that you develop will cover all products and geographical regions in the ING Bank banking book portfolio and include prepayment models, savings models and economic capital models.
Your backpack should contain
- A quantitative, academic degree (MSc or PhD), preferably in econometrics, mathematics or physics
- Business experience in (the modelling of) Asset and Liability Management
- Sound knowledge of statistical modelling (and tools) and econometric methods
- Familiarity with advanced statistical techniques like machine learning and programming experience (e.g. Python, R)
You should have
- Project management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive can-do mind-set focused on continuous improvement
Additionally, you should be
- Inspiring and exuding energy and passion
- Passionate about ALM topics
- Able to learn new content quickly and transferring this knowledge to different stakeholders
- Persuasive, able to interact with stakeholders and build positive relationships
Furthermore, you should adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour ought to be fully aligned with these values. You should also be prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
For more information, please visit https://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/Orange-Code.htm
What we offer
- Challenging job covering most of ING Bank’s balance sheet
- A great salary
- Benefits such as a 13th month’s salary, public transfer business card, pension scheme
- The opportunity to excel in what you do and ample room for developing yourself
- A dynamic and agile international working environment
- Great international career opportunities
Are you interested?
Apply for this job now! For further inquiries, please contact Peter van der Wal, ALM Model Development via email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
For more information on vacancies, please check https://www.ing.jobs/Global/Careers.htm