Product Owner Digital Accessibility
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-08-13 | REQ-10020843
We are looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Product Owner, to strengthen ING’s digital accessibility.
Customers are increasingly digital. Their needs and expectations are the same, all over the world, and they expect us to adopt new technology as fast as companies in other sectors. In order to continue to lead in digital banking, we need to offer a customer experience, that’s instant, surprisingly personal, relevant and frictionless. At ING, customers are our highest priority, and this means every customer.
As member of the A11Y squad, you will help us to provide fundamental sustainable accessibility solutions to deliver the best accessible web and app experiences. You partner with cross functional feature development teams to create and guard accessible customer experiences.
This is what you will do
As Product Owner, you will help us to create clear direction towards viable accessibility features and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and technical user stories, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
You embed accessibility practices in our company DNA, partner with different groups on how accessibility factors in to customer experience. You contribute to ongoing policy and guidelines for accessibility standards and requirements. You anticipate on bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. To ensure accessibility awareness and compliance, you work closely with stakeholders across the company, both technical and non-technical.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a leader within product teams (ux, design, engineering) and Tribe leadership teams by driving consistent compliancy with applicable laws and/or relevant digital guidelines on accessibility.
- Identify, scope, drive and embed cross-functional accessibility standards to make ING digital accessible.
- Manage the technical roadmap and act as scrum team to contribute to the Tribe purpose
- Define technical requirements and drive execution of accessibility tooling solutions with your team of 2 engineers.
- Manage team relationships and dependencies.
You are a great entrepreneurial Product Owner who will strengthen ING’s digital accessibility by embedding a sustainable and perfect way of working on accessibility standards in our DNA.
- You are passionate about accessibility and inclusive design.
- Analytical thinking, negotiation skills, amazing communication, effective wide influencing and leadership styles are part of your natural DNA. People trust and follow you.
- You are a self-starter and team player. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and to get it done closely with your squad and several stakeholders across the organization. No matter how complex the issue is.
- You are an adept coordinator who is able to balance competing needs to reach successful outcomes.
- You are comfortable working with both technical and non-technical folks and can communicate effectively in each group on different organizational levels, e.g. product owners, leads.
Your personal “backpack”
If you tick these boxes, then jump on and apply for this job now!
- Experience with WCAG 2.1 AA.
- 5+ years experienced in managing full life-cycle technical projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale continuous delivery environments.
- Experienced in managing software development efforts in, distributed systems and/or developing large scale e-commerce mobile (native) and web applications.
- Certified Product Owner. You have a proven record in making big changes in scaled organizations across business lines and accomplished collaborative outcomes.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects with groups on different organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or 4+years equivalent work experience.
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the ING Orange Code, read ING-Orange-code
What do we offer you?
- One of the most advanced open and dynamic international working environment. ING wants to be an innovative bank, so we work with national and international people who are inspiring innovators with a progressive and forward looking mentality.
- Within ING our people are the engine for ING´s growth and success. We give opportunities for personal growth and challenging work. You will get enough space to develop yourself even further. Visit courses and conferences that fit your personal development.
- Benefits: 13th month, free public transport card, pension scheme, etc.
Are you interested?
For further inquiries, please contact Szilvia Haraszti, IT Recruiter, +31 (0)6 11205612, email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere