(Senior) Compliance Officer Bank TECH (IT)
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Noord Holland | 2019-01-30 | REQ-10013434
The role refers to a (senior) position within the Compliance TECH team, placed within the Regulatory Compliance & Conduct Department, at Corporate Level. The (Senior) Compliance Officer will serve as Compliance Officer for the functions within the TECH Domain, which has a global responsibility in supporting the ING Strategy, by providing the necessary IT systems and infrastructure instrumental to all commercial activities for retail and commercial banking as well as corporate staff.
- Act as the key Compliance contact for the TECH Managers and advise on compliance-related matters (both in the area of regulatory and conduct compliance as well as financial crime compliance);
- Support in identifying, documenting and assessing the compliance risks associated with their key activities.
- Participate pro-active in (IT) projects and other change initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on the proper operating effectiveness and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies, the ING Orange Code, as well as the effectiveness of controls and reports the results. Monitoring includes both hard control monitoring as well as soft control monitoring so called Compliance Risk Culture Monitoring;
- Cooperate and support in line with ING’s values, in deepening the culture of compliance and ethical challenges (by amongst others awareness and training initiatives, Compliance Risk Culture Monitoring, encouraging and training on the Dilemma Dialogue model).
Your Work Environment
The Compliance Risk Management vision is: Every ING employee will have the drive and ability to protect the bank and its customers from compliance risks, making ING a benchmark in the Banking sector.
The Compliance Risk Management mission is: Compliance enables ING to be the primary bank for its customers by ensuring that it is doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity.
Who we are looking for
- Passion for Integrity, Risk Culture and Compliance topics.
- Passion and knowledge of IT and IT processes.
- An academic degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in compliance risk management or banking experience that is relevant for compliance risk management.
- 2+ Experience and good understanding in IT (risk) management and / or other IT experience that is relevant for Compliance risk management in a dynamic IT environment.
- An understanding of compliance relevant legislation and regulations, trends and industry developments or capable to learn this with short period of time.
- A team player with a flexible attitude, able to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified, global and multicultural work environment.
- Possess a ‘can do’ approach, passion for the business, and drive for output.
- Strong communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with an Agile way of working
What we offer
A fulltime positions (36/40 hours per week) with a salary scale up to 11/12 depending on skills, knowledge and experience.