Senior Compliance Officer - Functional Oversight Monitoring
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-01-31 | REQ-10023450
ING is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer within the Functional Oversight Monitoring (FOM) Team. The role is to ensure high quality and consistency in the execution of bank-wide compliance practices by conducting independent oversight monitoring reviews. The team conducts various reviews per year, along with providing ad-hoc and on-site compliance support to ING entities world-wide. FOM team has a wide range of relationships within ING, including CCRM MT, CCRM expertise teams, Regional Compliance, local Compliance at the entity level, local Senior Management, Legal and Corporate Audit Service. Does it sound interesting? Please read on!
What you'll do
- Draft annual FOM plan and related work plans and execute monitoring reviews accordingly
- Issue recommendations to Senior Management if deficiencies or areas for improvement are identified
- In conjunction with the relevant Compliance “Account Manager“, provide “aftercare“ to reviewed entities to ensure follow up actions are promptly taken and sufficient support on recommendations issued is available
- Enhance monitoring methodologies as a continuous process and share best practices, based on FOM reviews, within the Compliance community
- Ensure continuous FOM process improvement, e.g. feed input from Corporate Compliance Risk Management (CCRM) experts, reviewed entities, lessons learned, into the FOM process and work plans
- Review audit reports to identify key compliance issues and/or trends and report to the Bank Compliance Risk Management Team
- By using the available data (via the internal central system and/or other internal reports) provides regular insight into the state of Compliance for ING, the status of the Compliance Function and the Compliance Community
- Conduct qualitative reviews on compliance issues remediated to ensure true and effective remediation
- Provide hands-on assistance to local ING entities when required or requested
- Promote the use of the central tracking and monitoring system to facilitate/support compliance risk management activities
How to succeed
- You have a minimum of 8 years of Compliance related experience within the banking industry
- You have an excellent command of English, both verbal and written
- You have excellent report writing skills
- You have the ability to quickly analyze data/compliance processes/compliance practices, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- You have the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders, including Senior Management
- You have the willingness and ability to travel and stay frequently abroad
- You have experience in executing audits on Compliance Risk Management is a plus
- You have a strong sense of accountability: delivers on the promise, takes ownership, pro-active, can-do attitude, etc.
- You have effective communication skills, ability to influence others and effectively advise, and provide information (either written or orally) in English
- You have organizational skills and ability to coordinate and mobilize the necessary personnel to manage the workload, even under time pressure
- Ability to participate in and/or manage complex and cross-departmental and cross-functional projects
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.