Senior Compliance Officer Functional Oversight Monitoring
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Noord Holland | 2019-02-06 | REQ-10012810
The role of the Senior Compliance Officer Functional Oversight Monitoring (FOM) is to ensure high quality and consistency in the execution of bank-wide compliance practices by conducting independent oversight monitoring reviews.
The following responsibilities and accountabilities are key to the position:
- Draft annual FOM plan and related workplans and execute monitoring reviews accordingly;
- Issue recommendations to Senior Management if deficiencies or areas for improvement are identified;
- Enhance monitoring methodologies as continuous process and share best practices, based on FOM reviews, within the Compliance community
- Ensure continuous FOM process improvement (e.g. feed input from Compliance Risk Management Expertise teams (Corporate), reviewed entities, lessons learned), into the FOM process and work plans;
- Review audit reports to identify key compliance issues and/or trends and report to the Bank Compliance Risk Management Team;
- By using the available data (via internal central system and/or other internal reports) provides regular insight in the state of Compliance for ING, the status of the Compliance Function and the Compliance Community.
- Conduct qualitative reviews on compliance issues remediated to ensure true and effective remediation;
- Provide hands-on assistance to local ING entities when required or requested;
- Promote the use of the central tracking and monitoring system to facilitate/support compliance risk management activities;
Your work environment
Functional Oversight Monitoring (FOM) is a team within Regulatory Compliance & Conduct organisation, mandated by the Bank Compliance Risk Management Team to execute independent qualitative compliance monitoring reviews world-wide. The team aims to ensure high quality and consistency in the execution of Compliance practises throughout ING Bank. The team is a Corporate 2nd Line of Defence function, consisting of experienced Compliance Officers, and has been operational since June 2014. The team conducts various reviews per year, along with providing ad-hoc and on-site compliance support to ING entities world-wide. FOM team has a wide range of relationships within ING, including Expertise teams, Regional Compliance, local Compliance at entity level, local Senior Management, Legal and Corporate Audit Service.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5 years of Compliance related experience within the banking industry;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to quickly analyze data/compliance processes/compliance practices, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders, including Senior Management;
- Willingness and ability to travel and stay frequently abroad;
- Team player able to challenge and sound board with other team members;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in executing audits on Compliance Risk Management is a plus.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics.
- Strong sense of accountability: delivers on promise, takes ownership, pro-active, can do attitude, etc.
- Effective communication skills, ability to influence others and effectively advise, and provide information (either written or orally) in English.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate and mobilize the necessary personnel to manage the workload, even under time pressure.
- Sharp ability to identify and diagnose compliance related issues.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Investigation and inspection skills.
- Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-departmental and cross-functional projects.