Senior Information Risk Management Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-10-01 | REQ-10021519
We are building an integrated high quality Innovation risk support team for ING Labs, Platforms and for local innovation initiatives in order to ensure that ING takes a consistent risk management approach across geographies and business lines. Furthermore, ING needs to manage emerging risks from new types of business. The risk team will also maintain and monitor the application of the Innovation risk framework.
A senior level IRM is needed to provide adequate advise and challenge on the Innovation initiatives, as the complexity of the activities in scope is significant. Also the activities apply to unchartered territory which means that it requires strong assessment capabilities as well as keeping the alignment with the standing organization in case of integration in existing business processes. The activities cover multiple jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and America. Next to the diversity in jurisdictions and stakeholders, the activities cover a range of existing, changing and new products as well. The senior IRM officer needs to be capable of connecting the dots effectively in a complex environment, making risk assessments under time pressure and knowing which other experts may need to be involved.
IRM provides advice on projects on the initiatives in Labs Amsterdam as well as functional oversight on the risk staff providing support in the local Lab teams and equity investment opportunities. The IRM will be part of the center of excellence team for integrated Risk oversight for CiNO to make sure ING has a clear governance and consistent framework.
The IRM works in close interaction with the Head risk for innovation & M&A as well with the other Innovation & M&A Risk team members as well with CIRM, to ensure that IT risks arising from the activities of the C&G units are properly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored & reported.
What we are looking for in you?
- Equipped to generate required IT risk management output like reports, BIAs, etc.
- A university degree or comparable experience and skills
- Possess a ‘can do’ approach, passion for the business, and drive for results
- Strong sense of accountability: delivers on promise, takes ownership, etc.
- Effective communication skills, ability to influence others and effectively advise, and provide information either written or orally in local language and English.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate mobilize colleagues to manage the workload, even under time pressure.
- Sharp ability to identify and diagnose IT risk related issues.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-functional projects.
- Strong Analytical Skills given the Due Diligence work and necessity to grasp a lot of information in a short time span and provide a clear advice), and to decide/advise on policy waiver requests for non-bank activities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with Management, Legal and other risk functions to provide business-relevant reporting and advise on information risks and related matters for innovation projects as well as the labs environments
- Ensure a consistent risk approach in across all innovation initiatives by conducting functional oversight in all ING BLs.
- Ensure risk advise is accurate, complete and on time as well as adhere to ING Group standards;
- Develop lessons learned and provide training to ensure the business learns from incidents and implement controls to prevent future occurrences;
- Foster the mutual functional relationship with the next higher level IRM by open and transparent communication and follow up on requests
What do we offer?
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life