(Senior) Officer Non Financial Risk B-Operational Riskmgt
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-08-15 | REQ-10019389
The Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) department resides within the Non-Financial Risk domain. CORM is responsible for the development and maintenance of the non-financial risk (NFR) management framework. More specifically, CORM is responsible for policy setting, advisory and challenge activities for Control risks, Processing Risks and Unauthorized activity risks. It also provides direct ORM support to the Corporate Departments in Amsterdam as well to the central Transformation Program. Additionally, CORM provides functional steering to the ORM officers within the IBSS entities. CORM also defines and manages the global defined ORM services that are executed within the IBSS entities of Manila and Bucharest.
CORM focuses on supporting relevant stakeholders with raising operational risk awareness, creating better insight in the high costs of operational risks so as to enable pro-active actions, allocating risk ownership and responsibilities, providing relevant input into the Non-Financial Risk Dashboard at Bank level, tracking actions and follow-up of high risk audit, regulatory and own outstanding actions and advising relevant stakeholders on operational risks associated with projects or products.
Within the CORM Department you as Officer Non-Financial Risk will be involved in the setup and daily management of the operational risks in the COO domain. This will include:
- Performing and improving the quality and consistency of the Second Line Monitoring (SLM); and
- Being involved in risk assessments, reporting, monitoring and analysis of operational risks in the COO domain.
Your work environment
You will be operating in a challenging international environment. As such you will have contact with professionals within the other NFR Departments, the world-wide ORM community and the Global Transformation Office.
You have in the area of Non-Financial Risk or Operational Risk Management extensive experience with Risk Monitoring (Second Line Monitoring), as well as knowledge on Financial Reporting requirements (including SOX). You are hands-on, have experience to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and are able to drive virtual teams.
You also have a good understanding, knowledge and experience with ING’s NFR Framework and related Procedures and Policies, as well as ING’s Finance Procedures and Policies.
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code.
What are we looking for
- Good judgment
- Learning agility
- Experience as senior NFR Officer with at least 5 years in risk areas that are relevant for Operational Risk Management
- Knowledge of Banking business, processes, procedures and systems
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines
- Strong ability to earn trust and respect of clients, colleagues and senior management
- Experience with the implementation of NFR Framework within business units and/or head office
- Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment
- University Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
What we offer
- 36/40 hours
Job grade: FG12
This is a sensitive position and the final selected candidate will be subjective to additional screening by CSI.