Senior Operational Risk Management Innovation Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-09-10 | REQ-10021635
We are building an integrated high quality Innovation risk support team for ING Labs, Platforms and for local innovation initiatives in order to ensure that ING takes a consistent risk management approach across geographies and business lines. Furthermore, ING needs to manage emerging risks from new types of business. The risk team will also maintain and monitor the application of the Innovation risk framework.
A senior level ORM is needed to provide adequate advise and challenge on the Innovation initiatives, as the complexity of the activities in scope is significant. Also the activities apply to unchartered territory which means that it requires strong assessment and decision capabilities as well as keeping the alignment with the standing organization in case of integration in existing business processes. The activities cover multiple jurisdictions in Europe, and Asia. Next to the diversity in jurisdictions and stakeholders, the activities cover a range of new products as well. The senior ORM officer needs to be capable of connecting the dots effectively in a complex environment, making risk assessments under time pressure and knowing which other experts may need to be involved.
ORM provides advice on projects on the initiatives in Labs Amsterdam as well as functional oversight on the risk staff providing support in the local Lab teams and equity investment opportunities.
The ORM will be part of the center of excellence team for integrated Risk oversight for CiNO to make sure ING has a clear governance and consistent framework.
Your work environment
The ORM works in close interaction with the Head risk for innovation & M&A as well with the other Innovation & M&A Risk team members and CORM, to ensure that risks arising from the innovation activities are properly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored & reported.
What we are looking for in you?
- Experience as senior risk or audit officer in relevant risk or business areas.
- Knowledge of Banking business, processes, procedures and systems
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines.
- Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement
- University degree or equivalent
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate mobilize colleagues to manage the workload, even under time pressure.
- Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-functional projects.
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting and challenging position in this important part of the bank. ING offers a strong salary and great additional benefits such as 13th month, holiday allowance and health insurance discount. On top of that, we offer a great pension scheme and lots of possibilities to grow your career.