Software Engineer (Java/Scala)
Employee | Information Technology | Manager/Expert | Poland | 2020-01-29 | ISP-5839
- You have strong programming skills in Scala (or another Functional Programming language) or Java,
- You have demonstrable experience producing reusable code components and libraries leveraged by multiple projects,
- You have strong knowledge of data-related algorithms and problem-solving skills,
- You have good operating system knowledge and solid understanding GIT, CI/CD.
Nice to have
- You have experience in building 0-downtime applications / components,
- You are familiar with the Akka framework,
- You have knowledge of Machine learning (preferred experience with real implementations), or at least strong affinity with it,
- You have good understanding of streaming technologies like Kafka and Flink,
- You have good understanding of databases, both RDBMS (PostgreSQL) and non-SQL databases (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, InfluxDB)• You have experience in setting up web-servers,
- You have good understanding of engineering tools like Docker and OpenShift,
- You have good understanding of automated testing frameworks,
- You have experience with working in an agile/scrum way, but at least you should have a strong willingness to do so,
- You have experience with Python,
- You have experience with front-end coding (preferably familiarity with Polymer or React).
How we work
ING TechPoland in Warsaw is looking for a Fullstack Dev Engineer (Java or Scala) Our ambition is to “Catch the bad guys!”, those trying to launder money using ING and the banking system. We want ING to become the most trustworthy bank in the world! For this we are building a real-time anti-money-laundering and other KYC products. We are bringing together domain expertise, top-notch user-experience, massive amounts of data (internal and external), cutting edge data science, robust software engineering and strong product management.
The KYC teams in ING Tech Poland in Warsaw works closely with ING Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics. The WBAA team has the mission to make ING data driven. We do this by combining Big Data technology with Data Science to deliver high value solutions and products for our organization. WBAA works in a fun and creative environment and we’re dedicated to bringing out the best in both each other and our projects.
At ING Tech Poland we follow the Agile approach, using flexible frameworks like Scrum and Kanban at our everyday work.
We are innovative and we trust people we work with. The broad autonomy our employees have, stimulates motivation and creativity what allows us to adapt to the changing requirements of business partners.
Small units called squads are the core of our organization. They have clear vision of products, overcome challenges autonomously and based on team cooperation, work out the most flexible and effective way of working.
Scope of duties
- Development: 70%
- Architecture design: 30%
- You are a committer to Open Source repos,
- You have experience in the Financial Services or at least you have affinity with it,
- You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level,
- You feel at home in a high-performing team and you make the other team members feel at home as well. You have the independence to speak up when needed,
- You have Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering / AI / Computer Science,
- Passion to work with and contribute to open source technologies,
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
We take care of:
- international projects
- access to the newest technologies
- professional development
- free English lessons
Your health, physical condition and family
- Private medical care
- MultiSport card with 50% funding
- Kindergarten next door
- Bicycle parking
- Chillout and entertainment zones
- Sports events
suitable working conditions
- Stable employment conditions
- Mobile phone
- Additional screen
- Delicious coffee
- Modern kitchen