Symphony - Domain Architect Insurances
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10009589 Vacature geplaatst op
Your new job!
ING is looking for Domain Architects. The Domain Architect defines the overall Architecture within the Domain and demarcation between the building blocks . The domain architect strives for a loosely coupled and scalable architecture, that is adaptive to change in an Agile Scrum context with sufficient decouple points. Moreover, the architect is describing an architecture and implementation roadmap for the upcoming quarters that is feasible to implement, but ambitious enough to move towards our strategic target architecture. Non-functional requirements (e.g. security and resilience) are taken into account.
Domain Architects are expected to collaborate with their business colleagues, Enterprise Architects, Feature Engineers, IT managers and Dev/Ops teams to shape an organization that is less complex, more agile and effective and more decisive and therefore achieves its Continuous Delivery goals. Although hierarchically the Domain Architect us within a domain or program there is a functional line to the Chief Architect of the respective organization.
People make the difference and you will incorporate your unique, personal management style, enthusiasm and IT skills in the Continuous Delivery organization at ING Tech
ING is currently entering a partnership with an Insurer to launch a digital bancassurance proposition. In line with ING's strategy, offering protection is a key next step in realizing our ambition to become the "go-to place for financial needs. Current statistics say there is <0.1% presence in the digital bancassurance channel and we believe ING can be the first to crack digital bancassurance, untapping great market potential. ING will shape the market with a digital, hyper customer-centric proposition. To make this global and scalable we will build a central delivery platform to unify analytics, propositions and customer experience. The customer experience will be offered along the themes Life, Travel, Assist, Motor, Home and Health, where we will combine the best of both banking and insurance.
What will you do?
You are a recognized and respected content leader and trusted advisor for your domain/platform.
- Define the architecture for a domain/ strategic program including demarcation to other domains and in between all building blocks
- Manage end-to-end chains within domain and de-couple points between domains
- Take a supportive/leading role in business architecture
- You take into account strategic and legacy building blocks to ensure a smooth transition
- Break-down desired (business) themes into epics and features across multiple building blocks, that Feature or Dev/Ops Engineers can further refine into implementable stories (From McKinsey Horizon 2 to Horizon 1). You sync to the rhythm of the teams.
- Define realistic roadmap for the upcoming quarters, being aware of the domain backlog, capacity and interdependencies.
- Ensure that the architecture is implemented according to plan, minimizing technical/tactical debt and maintaining a close feedback loop.
- Together with EA you sign off the architecture to support the quarterly plan and/or Change Governance Document (CGD)
- Take responsibility for delivery/execution and escalate to management / chief architect if required
- Provide guidance to Feature Engineers, L2/L3 manages and Dev/Ops teams in your domain on your platform. With your strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills you facilitate workshops, guide and constraint Dev/Ops engineers. Your master builder skills allow you to discuss latest technology with the engineers.
- Describe conceptual design patterns in Cookbooks, that give guidance to the Engineers. Furthermore, describe how these best practices can actually be implemented in practice.
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. ING develops and maintains applications, systems and processes requested by ING customers.
Our mission is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business and provide products & services that make our customers’ life easier. In order to deliver the best banking experience we hire the best IT specialists to master the technology.
Who are you?
You must be passionate about IT, the team and ING. You will need to have extensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum and Continuous Delivery and preferably knowledge of banking systems and Retail Banking. You have the ability to make key changes in small steps.
Your education, experience and background:
- Professional and intellectual ability at university level.
- IT-related background (Bachelor degree or higher)
- 10+ years of experience in IT and preferable in banking and demonstrates deep and wide knowledge
- Track record in reducing complexity and reducing technical debt
- Demonstrates mastery of the English language (speaking, writing);
- Demonstrates mastery in writing skills – understandable and easy to read architectural documents;
- Appetite for global collaboration (± 20% time);
- Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context);
- Retail Banking experience would be an advantage
- Demonstrates co-creation skills (workshop facilitation, guiding, constraining, selling – telling);
- Demonstrates “convincing people” skills based on facts and business cases
- Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context); Demonstrates abstraction & problem solving skills; (e.g. mastery of enterprise integration patterns)
- Outside-in thinker: visits conferences, potentially gives a talk now and then
- Empathy and ability to think from somebody’s else point of view
- Targeted influencing.
- Energetic/positive thinker.
- Open to your environment/perceptive.
- Determined/persevering and a good decision maker.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Resistance to stress.
- Out-of-the-box/innovative change-oriented attitude.
- Linking a market focus (IT developments and business developments) to ING's strategy. Stronger outside-in view: Giving rapid developments in the financial industry and with FinTechs emerging, and disruptive technology trends the architect is able to internalize developments in the outside world into ING.
- With strong communication, verbal, presentation skills to facilitate workshops, guide and constraint Dev/Ops engineers he make a valuable contribution in the overall model.
- Role models of the orange code:
- You are always a step ahead
- You take it on and make it happen
- You help other be successful
- Demonstrates mastery of REST architectural style, REST design of the domain APIs, content negotiation, and API patterns as per Lonely Planet, API trust mechanisms;
- Demonstrates mastery of Experience Design skills (customer journeys, service blueprinting)
- Owns the resilience and latency of the whole IT chain;
- Working knowledge of the technologies used in the domain (e.g. can explain the pros and cons of queuing in the IT chain)
- Track record in reducing complexity and reducing technical debt.
This will be a challenging work environment with extensive, innovative developments. We are learning every day.
Reports to: IT area lead Symphony
Functional reports to: ING C&G Chief Architect
Direct reports: None
Other key relationships: Colleagues in the Symphony tribe, fellow domain architects in both partner organisations.
Location: Paris, with regular international travel to Amsterdam and/or C&G markets
40 hour position.
For more information please contact Lucja Walczak at firstname.lastname@example.org