Symphony - IT Area Lead Insurances
Informatie Technologie Ervaring
Ervaren Minimale educatie
REQ-10009588 Vacature geplaatst op
ING C&G Tech is looking for an IT area lead
ING is transforming and moving fast towards being an IT company offering the best possible solutions and services in the financial sector to millions of appreciated clients all over the globe. We are growing our own unique Top Engineering culture with the energy and innovation power of a Fintech start-up, we are building an ecosystem for our clients and are ahead in re-inventing our market’s perspective. We are working hard to stay ahead in being a financial innovator.
Therefore, we are looking for an IT area lead helping us with delivering business propositions for the Digital Bancassurance business line, while simultaneously driving our IT capabilities forward.
Challengers and Growth Markets
Challengers and Growth Markets is the business line which is responsible for the banking business in those markets. Challengers are those franchises whose retail activities are mainly in the form of direct banking services which give them a cost advantage over traditional banks. ING is expanding its banking services with payments accounts, consumer lending and SME segment. Challengers include Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, France Czech Republic and Austria.
Growth Markets are those markets where ING offers a full range of Retail and Wholesale Banking services in strongly expanding economies that offer good growth opportunities. Investments in these countries are to achieve sustainable market share and on innovation to achieve digital leadership. These include Poland, Romania, Turkey and strategic positions in Asia.
ING Bank today already has one of the world’s highest penetration of internet banking and will continue to invest in its technology capabilities in order to maintain its position as the preferred option for customers in the markets in which it operates. High rates of customer satisfaction in terms of reliability and digital user experience lead to lower operational costs supporting the branch and call centre networks. This, along with higher account acquisition and retention rates, leads to increased customer deposits, a stronger balance sheet, and an improved lending capability to help drive economic activity and growth.
Culture is a key element in the Think Forward strategy. The “performance culture” blends an Anglo-Saxon appetite for “results”, with a European focus on collaboration, sharing and mutual support, and encouragement. This culture has played a central role the success in recent years – both in terms of financial results, and in the market-leading customer satisfaction scores for client experience and “useful innovation”. It is very important that the IT area lead is able to nurture and foster that culture, while continuing to refine operational excellence and strong application development governance.
ING is currently entering a partnership with an Insurer to launch a digital bancassurance proposition. In line with ING's strategy, offering protection is a key next step in realizing our ambition to become the "go-to place for financial needs. Current statistics say there is <0.1% presence in the digital bancassurance channel and we believe ING can be the first to crack digital bancassurance, untapping great market potential. ING will shape the market with a digital, hyper customer-centric proposition. To make this global and scalable we will build a central delivery platform to unify analytics, propositions and customer experience. The customer experience will be offered along the themes Life, Travel, Assist, Motor, Home and Health, where we will combine the best of both banking and insurance.
What will you be doing?
The main focus will be the convergence/global scalability of new propositions, as well as operational excellence. In line with ING's strategy, offering protection is a key next step in realizing our ambition to become the "go-to place for financial needs. We believe ING can be the first to crack digital bancassurance, untapping great market potential. ING will shape the market with a digital, hyper customer-centric proposition. To make this global and scalable we will build a central delivery platform to unify analytics, propositions and customer experience.
It is about acting as one team to deliver the digital platform to be able to service all the financial service needs of our clients. ING is building the foundation for the digital platform by leveraging Global Data management, Global Process management, implementing the ING Private Cloud, building a Modular Architecture and delivering Global Shared Services.
The purpose is to deliver every day best-in-class service at the right price; There will be an emphasis on enabled people with the right skills, one way of working in a collaborative, performance culture and act as one global team over functions and countries.
Technology at the bank, and in turn the new IT area lead, will play a key role in the delivery of (new) global business propositions, as well as global solutions for regulatory driven initiatives. In this context, the Information Technology (IT) function is an increasingly business-critical function, and continuous improvement across the board in technology will be truly fundamental to the success of the business.
IT is focused on:
- Continue evolution to “One IT”. The Bank’s high level strategic goals for technology – reliability; security and customer centricity – should be delivered according to the Agile methodology. A move towards one IT includes simplified technology, automated & Agile processes, all delivered by a high performing workforce.
- Innovation. Partner with colleagues in the businesses and in technology to conceptualise, design, pilot and put into production, impactful technologies which deliver on the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Leadership and Management. Foster a high-performing, cohesive culture, where strong, yet common-sense, processes and governance frameworks guide behaviours and delivery. Build a world class team and succession plan. Manage issues swiftly and with maturity. Lead by example and be a “culture-carrier”.
To make things more concrete you will be….
- responsible for policy-making and execution for IT related topics within the proposition.
- responsible for IT service delivery and IT component management for the central proposition(s). Recruitment, sourcing and building a team would be a key element.
- responsible for resolving problems within the IT organization.
- responsible for realisation, evaluation and coherence of changes of the total.
- responsible for management of operational processes and creation of added value for ING.
- continuously focused on stimulating and initiating (IT) improvement (sponsorship).
- standardization in line with our IT Target Operating Model.
- partnering with the businesses to deliver “quick wins” and customer satisfaction.
- standardization of capabilities and processes where appropriate.
- best practice sharing.
- innovating – both through local partnership(s) if not with in-country businesses, and with the broader enterprise technology team.
- responsible we remain within risk appetite, focusing on IT risk.
- driver behind people management, knowledge sharing and stimulate an engaging and high performing (engineering) culture.
What you bring:
- Computer Science or engineering degree.
- Has been in a leadership position of a consumer-centric, high performing, complex, international business. Digital banc-assurance domain would be an asset.
- Inspires and identifies his or herself with the ING orange code and required behavior.
- Has significant (international) leadership experience. Has a global mind-set and demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of having balanced the needs and motivations of specific countries or businesses, with those of the broader enterprise.
- Able to demonstrate experience delivering world class IT strategy and architecture roadmaps. A long-term strategic thinker, while being hands on.
- Able to demonstrate an impactful track record of innovation.
- A track record of business-alignment of IT solutions, and a highly customer-focussed outlook.
- Experience with transformation and leadership of programs.
- Has a reputation as a leader, hirer, manager and developer of talent.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate with all the different constituencies in a way that is meaningful to them; adjust to crisis, inspirational; communicate the value of IT and innovation.
- Experience of building, or operating in, a high performing “BizDevOps” technology environment, with Agile development methodologies.
- Bring subject matter expertise in digital, data, infrastructure, applications (development and maintenance), information security, sourcing, and technology architecture.
Furthermore you bring the competences according to the Orange Leadership Profile. The OLP is used within ING worldwide to develop leadership competences and refers to thorough self-awareness and being able to motivates client centricity, people development and empowerment in the work environment. You are able to translate possibilities into strategy and successful execution.
The IT area lead will be part of the digital bancassurance tribe and reports hierarchal into the and functionally into the C&G Tech IT lead.
Reports to: To be decided
Functional reports to: ING C&G Head of IT delivery (Jeff Chapman (a.i.))
Direct reports: Lead engineer(s), IT chapter lead(s), IT integrator(s), domain architect(s).
Other key relationships: Business heads, and other executives; enterprise business and functional heads; peers and colleagues across enterprise technology, vendor eco-system.
Location: Paris, with regular international travel to Amsterdam and/or C&G markets
Full-time position (40 hrs)
For more information please contact Lucja Walczak at email@example.com