Trading Risk Quants
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Amsterdam | 2019-12-24 | REQ-10023624
ING is looking for Trading Risk Quants for the Trading Risk Quant Team. This is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. Our responsibility is to provide the quantitative expertise required to 1) perform validations of the (derivatives) pricing models used by ING’s Financial Markets Trading; 2) develop Trading Risk models and methodologies (related to e.g. Basel Pillar 1 Market Risk IMA framework); 2) and 3) provide advice to traders and risk managers on quantitative topics. The Trading Risk Quants team is part of the Financial Risk Model Development department. The department comprises of a large team of modelling experts, with expertise in the development and management of Balance Sheet Risk, Credit and Trading Risk and Market Risk models, with state of the art modelling methods, tooling and data-processing technologies. Does it sound interesting? Please read on!
What you'll do
- Perform (derivatives) pricing model validations for end of day valuation (these models are developed e.g. by ING’s Front Office quants and independently replicated by the Trading Risk Quant team)
- Develop market risk models and methodologies (such as risk factor evolution models for Value at Risk or PFE calculations, for e.g.)
- Provide support on the different quantitative topics
- The position offers excellent opportunities to excel in what you do and to broaden your modelling skills, as well as exposure to a dynamic and agile international working environment
How to succeed
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative field, preferably (financial) mathematics, econometrics or physics
- 2-5 years of experience, with familiarity with derivatives pricing, financial markets and the most important developments (for e.g. FRTB). Relevant experience in equity derivatives and/or commodity derivatives modelling is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming languages, especially C++ and/or Python
- Experience with FM Front Office pricing systems, in particular, Sophis is a plus
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Constructive attitude and pro-active team player
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- Great international career opportunities
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.