WB ORM Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Noord Holland | 2019-03-01 | REQ-10015152
Function name: Operational Risk Management Officer (ORM Officer)
Area: Operational Risk Management
Type of employment: Full-time Standard hours/week: 36
Management function: No
Functional Scale: 011
ING is looking for an Operational Risk Management Officer within the Wholesale Banking organization (location Amsterdam).
The position resides within the ING WB/CRO organization (at Head Office) and forms part of the 2nd line of defence function. The WB ORM department has an integral responsibility in advising and challenging WB senior management and their organizations on their operational risk landscape. The responsibility scope of the WB ORM (Amsterdam) department also extends to functional oversight on all ORM activities for WB globally. As an Operational Risk Management Officer your activities will include:
- Constantly monitor, advise and challenge the business on their activities and thus improving their risk profile
- Having a keen eye for operational risks for in-house and outsourced processes
- Assess and improve the business’s risk & control framework(s)
- Actively participating in Risk & Control Self Assessments or Scenario Analysis
- Be involved with design of (new) processes, products and innovation initiatives
- Monitor the effective implementation of policies, control frameworks and of key control testing
- Monitoring of follow up on operational risk incidents and or identified control deficiencies
- Prepare quarterly management information reports e.g. Non-Financial Risk Dashboard
- Promote a strong non-financial risk culture across the organization
Other areas of responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participating in projects to further professionalise and improve ORM procedures and practices on the basis of relevant trends en developments in the profession.
- Identifying and sharing best practices within ORM WB
- The execution of thematic investigations at request
- Master Degree-level qualifications. A degree as Certified Public Accountant (RA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferred
- Between 5-7 years relevant experience in operational risk management (preferably in the financial services industry)
- Experience in an international corporate setting is preferred
- Strong analytical skills (experience in advanced data analytics is preferred
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Excellent English language skills (both oral and written)
- High level of integrity, flexibility and can-do mentality
What we offer
We can offer you good possibilities for (further) personal development in a very dynamic environment.
It is a job for 36-40 hours a week.
Please click on “Apply for this job” to upload and submit your personal details, motivation and CV. For more information regarding the vacancy, please contact Erik Overeijnder , +31205636533 or email@example.com.