Business Analyst Active Pivot
Medewerker | Accounting & Finance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-03-02 | REQ-10025883
We are looking for an Information/Business analyst for the Active Pivot (AP) product domain. The primary focus of the Active Pivot squads are to build multidimensional deallevel analysis cubes in which the stakeholders (FIFM, Global Treasury and Collateral Mngt) can slide & dice through their portfolios and analyse the risks. The squads also build an in-house SignOff workflow in which stakeholders can sign off their risk positions which are then stored in an Integrated Platform cube. A third focus point is to build the FRTB analysis cube and integrate this is the existing Active Pivot landscape including the sign off process.
You will be working on 3 main objectives:
Design an AP Database that meets the requirements for Daily aggregated Reporting, ad-hoc detailed reporting, staging area to synchronise data deliveries via mapping and enriching, staging area prior to Cube loading. Setup the FRTB framework using the AP Database but also create a vision on how the FRTB cubes interact between the SA and IMA solutions and how this will be integrated with the existing MI solutions. Explore the possibilities of the so called “widgets” which are embedded in the Active Pivot application and could be beneficial to users.
For the 3 objectives above, you will break features into stories (storymapping), preparing refinement of stories, writing user stories and testing the delivered stories. Communicating and aligning with the other domains contributing to the Active Pivot service and roadmap is an important part of the work. Hosting workshops for the AP Teams and/or knowledge sessions is critical to get the information across.
Your areas of accountability include: creating vision on technical aspects and get the buy-in, product development (writing user stories), implementation (delivering stories in the sprint), innovation (database techniques, usage of AP functionality called widgets), process & change management and SoX control framework. You act as stand in for the Product Owner.
Your work environment
You will be operating within the Tribe Management Reporting and Analytics (MRA) of COORF. The purpose of the Tribe is to enable ING and Risk to stay a step ahead by being a trusted partner in Risk and Finance for the efficient implementation of change and improvements on global data, processes and products. Creating value to our customers is key. Openness in communication and “can do” mentality is required behavior for our organization.
You will be assigned as business analyst within the Active Pivot squad and within this squad you work together with the WB Tech colleagues. The squad operates as a team and consists of people with different skills: developers, analysts, testers and OPS specialists. You will functionally report to the Product Owner of Active Pivot.
How to succeed:
- Master degree in Economics, Finance or similar
- Background in Market Risk Management who understands the FRTB guidelines and has business knowledge on both the Standardized Approach and Internal Model
- Able to combine functional market risk requirements and technical solutions into a proposal that can be agreed by multiple stakeholders. Therefore we add high value on personal skills that embed vision and decisiveness
- Knows what it takes to apply knowledge to market demands, makes complex (data)analysis and translates business requirements into clear product requirements and user stories
- Has seasoned IT-technical knowledge to be able to create functional specifications and designs
- Is organizational sensitive, familiar with Market Risk Management and working on regulatory projects (FRTB)
- Makes connections between customer requirements, corporate strategy and longer term vision
- Has experience in test case development and test execution
- Has the ability to clearly explain features or user stories during refinement session to the squad and to lead demo sessions to users and stakeholders
- Has experience in performing the role of the Product Owner
- Understands and supports the agile way of working
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Affinity with working with data vendors like Bloomberg and familiar with snapping data from vendors terminals
- Is innovative and able to convert market developments and customer feedback in his/her field of expertise into vision and strategy for MRA & ING
- Has experience in coordinating medium projects including stakeholder management and communicating with other project teams
You are a team player, with good communication skills and experience in working in scrum teams. You have the natural seniority to make a direct impact on the direction of the squad and chapter. You know what it takes to act as an Information/Business analyst, also focusing on craftsmanship, continuous improvement opportunities and personal development. You deliver customer value on promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.