Chapter Lead Financial Risk Analysis
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2019-10-22 | REQ-10023042
Chapter Lead Financial Risk Analysis
ING is looking for Financial Risk Analysis Chapter Leads
The Financial Risk Analysis team is an energetic and international diverse team of around 35 highly qualified professionals. We are providing integrated, forward looking analysis and advice on financial risks, such as market risk in the banking book, funding and liquidity risk and credit risk. The team coordinates the global risk appetite process for financial risks. We perform consolidated balance sheet scenario analysis and stress testing in the area of market and liquidity risk. The unit sets the global standards for the financial risk frameworks of the bank and for its risk measurement based on new regulation and the bank’s strategy and acts as functional expert on these topics. The team executes change projects for the implementation of these standards.
As the Financial Risk Analysis team is growing in size, Chapter Lead roles are introduced. In particular, we are looking for 4 Chapter Leads for the following teams:
- Liquidity and Credit Risk
- Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book
- Consolidation and Economic Capital
- QRM – Functional Development
What does a Financial Risk Analysis Chapter Lead at ING do?
We are looking for colleagues who are experienced professionals in financial risk. Depending on the specific chapter, you will provide high quality analysis and advice on specific financial risks.
As one of the most senior members of the team, you will play a key role in determining and driving forward our strategy, priorities and change initiatives and aligning these to ING’s overall direction. Your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are key to maintaining good relations with our stakeholders, such as the other risk teams in head-office as well as in the business units and locations, Finance, Model Validation, Group Treasury and also our external stakeholders ECB, DNB and the auditor of ING.
As chapter lead, you will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the knowledge regarding the respective financial risks in the Chapter, ensuring all people are equipped with the right expertise and craftsmanship in these areas to fulfil their purpose. In addition you will be responsible for coaching and developing a team of 5-10 financial risk officers on both a professional and personal level.
Who are we looking for?
- An experienced professional with an up-to-date understanding of various aspects of financial risk management
- Academic degree, preferably in Economics, Econometrics or Quantitative Finance
- Completed additional professional qualifications in the financial risk field such as CFA, FRM
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in the financial risk, ALM or Treasury area and a sound knowledge of risk management developments
- People manager with proven ability with regard to coaching, development and performance management
- Experience in being a sparring partner/advisor to Senior Management
Additionally, you should have
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail, translating complex matters into simple and concise terms for senior management
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner
- The ability to challenge the status quo
- Great team player skills with a hand-on mentality
- And of course you should be fluent in English
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit:
What do we offer
- A great salary; the job grade is 13
- Benefits such as a 13th month’s salary, lease car, pension scheme
- A step towards an international career at ING with a quantitative basis
- A dynamic and agile working environment
- The possibility to improve yourself through a wide range of trainings and courses
Apply for this job now! For further information, please contact Gilbert van Iersel, head of Financial Risk Analysis (Gilbert.van.Iersel@ing.com)
For more information on vacancies, please check: www.ING.nl