Chapter Lead TECH GS RISK - Credit Risk Platforms
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-17 | REQ-10025979
Chapter Lead : TECH GS RISK - Credit Risk Platforms
Full-time / ING-internal / Proficient / 36 hrs
What are we looking for?
Within ING Group Services we are looking for an IT Chapter Lead for the chapter Credit Risk Platforms within Tribe Credit Risk. The chapter consists of IT Engineers in the role of OPS Engineer, managing Credit Risk software solutions and platforms.
Your working environment
Tribe Credit Risk purpose is to provide phenomenal insights to ensure ING provides the right credit products. To do so, the tribe has the objectives to timely deliver accurate data and to improve credit processes while meeting regulatory obligations. Obviously we process data compliant and safely.
ING works in multi-disciplinary teams based on Scrum, Agile and DevOps principles. Responsibility for Infra and Security is adapted within the squads, business & IT have joined, making a squad end-to-end responsible for a customer journey or product. This is also called the ING adaptation of the ‘Spotify’ model. For more about our way of working please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iu2kfZ3w4
As a Chapter Lead you are a senior IT engineer who leads the chapter Platforms.
As a senior IT engineer you set the example, transfer your knowledge to the chapter, drive innovation, voice opinions and deliver as a member of a squad.
You are part of the leadership team of the Tribe Credit Risk. Together with the IT Area Lead and other Chapter Leads a vision is developed and executed to inspire engineers to grow and drive technological innovation.
Managing your chapter means enabling our engineers to grow their mastery and to develop themselves through continuous on-the-job coaching, 1:1 conversations, creating a development plan and monitoring it together. Finding the true purpose of your engineers and enabling them to grow in what they are passionate about and excel in finding that win-win situation for the engineer and ING.
Agile way of working
Your employees work in BusDevOps-squads that combine the expertise of Business Analysts, DEV and OPS engineers and are self-managing, autonomous units with end-to-end responsibility to deliver and support applications to meet the needs of the stakeholders and end users. They work according to Agile Scrum, which means that work is sliced in stories and planned via sprints, and as a team take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning.
Applications and technologies
Your employees are IT Engineers in the role of OPS Engineer, active in different squads in the Tribe Credit Risk, using several technology platforms ranging from Java/WebSphere/Sybase/Oracle/Linux to the low-code platform of OutSystems on Windows Server.
Focus is on ensuring operational availability of services to the customers next to compliancy to IT Risk Controls (including audits), next to managing consistent software delivery through environments (DTAP).
As this area is going through a time of many developments and changes, it is a dynamic area in which there is lots of opportunity to learn, grow and excel.
The OPS engineers in the chapter manage and support the applications Vortex, I-CARE, Cost & Recovery and SaySo. The squads are specialized in Credit Risk processes, Java, WebSphere, Sybase, Oracle, Linux, Windows Server and Internal Private Cloud based technologies. The teams are knowledgeable about maintenance and security for ING-hosted solutions.
- Identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within your chapter ensuring that your chapter is qualitatively properly staffed
- Continuously work on skills improvements, expertise and personal growth of your IT engineers
- Ensure quality and ownership for work delivered via sprints, set and improve standards according to the agile way of working
- Leading role in processes and decisions which are strategic for your chapter, such as the vendor selection, technology selection, offshore strategies
- Align with IT vendors, ING Infra departments and the end users at the ING departments Risk
- Line management tasks such as hiring new employees, assess performance of current employees
- Together with your Engineers: end-responsible for keeping your IT environment up and running, healthy, secure, documented, and standardized where possible
- Together with the Product Owners of the squads and the Chapter Lead of the Business analysts, you balance team development, delivery and timelines
- Member of Tribe Leadership team
Who are you?
Do you love to inspire other people to grow? Are you a motivated engineer who likes to work on complex IT solutions? And although you are an experienced engineer, do you continuously want to grow your personal skills as an engineer and as a leader? Is ‘keep doing things smarter’ part of your DNA? Do you have the mentality that aligns with our culture where you ‘take it on and make it happen’? Are you someone who takes ownership and who can give other engineers a lot of energy? And constantly looking for improvements?
Than you might be the person we are looking for!
Your backpack ideally contains
A master’s degree in Software Engineering
- Experience (5+ years) in developing and managing custom built applications
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Git, Tomcat, Jenkins, TFS, Ansible, SonarQube, Artifactory, Selenium, OpenShift / private cloud environments and migrating to Azure DevOps CD pipeline.
- We are moving towards pure DevOps profiles, so you are expected to refine, code, test and deploy your own work on our on-premise and cloud environments.
- Proven track record in Continuous Delivery (e.g. Ansible, GitLab, Artifactory)
- An itch and self-motivation for solving technical and functional challenges.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back to the ING Bank by holding presentations, workshops, documentation and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech.
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues
- Experience in leading and coaching fellow engineers, either hierarchically or functionally (e.g. from a project role)
- IT Risk awareness, understanding of security concepts in software development
- Experience in working Agile/scrum is a plus
- Hands-on and pro-active attitude
- Fluent in English
What do we offer?
- Your work enables you to develop yourself in Engineering, next to IT management, IT Security, Risk management, BI, and Agile/Scrum roles.
- 36 to 40 hour work week
- 13th month salary
- Amsterdam location, but travel when needed