Compliance/Enterprise Risk Management coordinator
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-05 | REQ-10024935
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire a Senior Compliance & Risk Management Expert. This is a challenging opportunity for an advanced professional with a compliance and/or non-financial risk background with project management experience who would like to join the new to be established project management office (PMO), which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The PMO will be installed to facilitate the more permanent elements of change that will be required within the global compliance function going forward and initial alignment with other bank-wide projects which affect the compliance organization as such.
ING is currently implementing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework, focusing first on the Non-Financial Risk types, including Compliance Risks. The ERM Framework sets out the design principles for the development of effective and sustainable risk management for all business lines, for all ING entities and all subsidiaries. In your role as Compliance/ERM Coordinator, you will act as the linking pin between the ERM team and the Compliance community to ensure that the ERM framework optimally supports Compliance activities.
Would you like to work in an area:
- That is subject to significant change?
- Where you can make a real impact?
- That is top priority for the whole of ING including the Board?
- Where you can help make the bank more compliant and ethical?
- Where all non-financial risks come together in a consistent framework?
- Where you can take as much responsibility and ownership as you desire? Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
What you'll do
- You are an efficient and effective communicator and as such the linking pin between the corporate global Compliance department community and the ERM program
- You are a strong, credible, positive and solution-driven counterpart for colleagues within risk and compliance domains and other business lines on different levels, including senior management
- You gather, align and challenge the contributions of the global Compliance community toward the ERM program
- You work with, guides and challenges compliance experts to plan and execute the different parts of the ERM program
- You represent Compliance in a professional way both on process and content where necessary
- You organize the sounding of the different ERM deliverables/methodologies among the global Compliance community
- You ensure that the entire Compliance community at different levels is actively and adequately informed about and engaged in the ERM program;
- You initiate and coordinate potential changes in ways of working and thinking that result from the ERM program
- You report about the program's progress and challenges to the Compliance Management Team.
- You understand the compliance and/or the non-financial risk environment and have professional knowledge of business processes
- You have proven successful, recent bank-wide complex, cross-border / cross-business unit project/program management experience
- You have at least a general understanding of Enterprise Risk Management
- You are pragmatic and energetic
- You have a critical mindset
- You have a can-do and hands-on mentality, modest where needed, pro-active, stress-resistant and no 9-to-5 mentality
- You are people-focussed, connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you
- You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple ways
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
How to succeed
- Education at Bachelor/Master level with preferably a specialization in Business Administration or Economics
- At least 10 years of work experience, preferably within one or more risk management domains and/or Enterprise Risk Management
- Extensive work experience in a large financial institution
- Relevant consultancy, project or program management experience
- Fluent in English
- Organisational sensitivity
- Flexibility: adjusts approach, seeks different paths in a targeted manner
- Self-starting capabilities
- Learning agility and innovative mindset
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. The application process consists of at least 2 interviews, in which we request both knowledge & skills and behavior & competences. Because this is a sensitive position, an extensive safety investigation will also be conducted.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.