Data Platform & Technology Evangelist
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-03-24 | REQ-10025543
ING is regularly looking for Data Platform & Technology Evangelists. Are you interested to be included in the candidate pool of our future positions in this area? Please see the role description below and apply. We will contact you once the vacancy is open.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and business. We are an industry-recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omnichannel distribution strategy, and international network. If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we believe you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance, and QA measures, where we are committed to delivering stable and secure services to end-users, and where we have a 'no-nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on!
What you’ll do
We are building a cloud-ready, state of the art Data Analytics Platform (DAP) to support global ING advanced analytics capabilities, and we want you to be a part of our team. DAP will reach thousands of users, and is an exciting and dynamic new project. This is a joined effort between ING units and you are going to be part of a distributed multi-national and multi-cultural team. There will be plenty of work and fun down this road. Want to join?
At ING we follow the Agile approach, using flexible frameworks like Scrum and Kanban at our everyday work. We are innovative and we trust people we work with. The broad autonomy our employees have stimulates motivation and creativity what allows us to adapt to the changing requirements of business partners. Small units called squads are the core of our organization. They have a clear vision of products, overcome challenges autonomously and based on team cooperation, work out the most flexible and effective way of working.
How to succeed
- You are a positive and fun person who can act as a spokesperson for the platform who can give good, fast and clear feedback on several topics to all stakeholders
- Good communication skills in English (level B1/B2)
- Ability to code (f.e. SQL, Python, Scala)
- Knowledge of infrastructural environments (clusters, OS, browsers, Big Data technologies)
- Knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CD/CI pipelines
- Functional experience with Storage tools
- High-level knowledge of Data Science within the banking world
- You are willing to travel
- Strong willingness to learn and improve yourself every day
- Brings Energy, efficiency, responsibility, Commitment, and communicativeness
- Learn and understand DAP to be able to answer all complicated questions
What we oﬀer
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. You will become a member of the Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics team, a prestigious, no-nonsense and high-output team. We only hire people with exceptional talents and capabilities. You will work on the most innovative projects within ING. In addition, we offer:
- Latest technologies, constant experimentation and play
- Working with highly skilled and motivated people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- A collaborative and diverse atmosphere where people can dare to bring their whole self
- A full-time position (40 hour week)
- A competitive salary
- Great training and education opportunities
For further inquiries, please contact us. We are looking forward to getting to know you!