Economic Capital Analyst
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-02-12 | REQ-10023233
Junior Economic Capital Analyst
ING Group Treasury (Balance Sheet & Capital Management) is looking for a junior Economic Capital Analyst to strengthen the Balance Sheet & Capital Management team.
You enjoy the process of problem solving, are result driven and recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve?
As a Junior Economic Capital Analyst you work closely with many stakeholders (Risk Management, Finance, First line) and support the embedding of the economic capital framework throughout the organisation. You are strongly result-oriented and you have a sound knowledge of the Economic Capital framework and underlying models. You are hands-on, like to work on multiple tasks and dare to speak out.
What you’ll do
Key responsibilities of the junior Economic Capital Analyst:
- Assist in implementing and developing Economic Capital frameworks consistent with the company’s financial risk strategy and risk appetite;
- Understand and challenge adequate economic capital models and risk management processes and procedures consistent to institution’s risk management framework;
- Challenge the ‘Internal View’ on Capital
- Define the standards surrounding the economic capital framework and ensure consistent rollout throughout the organisation
- Contribute to defining the Risk Bearing Capacity (=Economic Capital Stack)
- Translate the Economic to the Normative Perspective
- Find user cases for the Economic View throughout the organisation
- Improve processes and methods for ICAAP and economic capital management;
- Contribute to the integration of economic capital models into ERM frameworks;
- Understand and challenge the institution specific risks and their aggregation;
How to succeed
- University degree in an analytical, or quantitative related field of study
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- To be a team player: we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the team goals
- Relevant working experience with models
- Attention to detail and strong analytical / problem solving skills
- The ability to act and perform successfully in a fast-moving international environment
- Prior experience/interaction with the competent authorities is highly desirable
What we offer
A job of 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Click on Apply and upload your CV and Motivation. Questions? Contact the recruiter linked to the job post.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.