Feature Engineer - Finance
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-02-17 | REQ-10026069
ING is looking for a Feature Engineer - Finance
ING is transforming and moving fast towards being an IT company offering the best possible solutions and services in the financial sector to millions of appreciated clients all over the globe. Therefore, we are looking for a Feature Engineer telling us what we should do better and how to keep offering the best services to both our business and private customers.
What’s a Feature Engineer within ING Group Services?
ING Group Services is looking for a Feature Engineer in the change domain of the Finance COO organization. Finance COO is providing reporting, analysis and data quality assurance & governance services to internal and external stakeholders. As feature engineer you contribute to bringing Finance to the next level by driving innovation and standardization across the global function.
A Feature Engineer in ING is a valuable bridge between business and IT teams. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to deliver clear business requirement to developers. Therefore Feature Engineer’s background is a mix of consultancy, architecture/design and Dev experience. Even though Feature Engineer is not a developer himself, he needs a good knowledge of the area in order to:
- Translate functionalities into understandable and actionable items and designs for the squads
- Safeguard the delivery of complex features, often cross-team/domain; herewith maintaining close relationship with (business) counterpart(s)
- Work together in a Center of Excellence (CoE) with other Feature Engineers, Domain Architects, Product Owners and DevOps teams in an international environment
- Help shape the feature roadmap in periodical planning sessions towards Vision, Themes and Epics
- Refine and design features to the desired level of technical detail clarifying its technical usage and interdependencies with other features in our data architecture
- Identifying which Squads/Teams/specialists to involve in the Agile build cycle
- Challenge and advise Product Owners on Feature dependencies and priorities and backlog alignment of individual Squad
Your “backpack” should contain:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in IT (Engineering)
- Experience in refining and designing features, challenge and advise Product Owners on feature dependencies and priorities
- Finance knowledge: interested in/worked with Finance processes like FA, MA or financial reporting
- Understanding of DataWareHousing concepts
- Eagerness to learn and to keep knowledge up-to-date
- You’ve got experience with the agile way of working
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
If you tick the bigger part of these boxes, then we are looking for you!